5 years later...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maxkling

Reaction score
Finally brewed again. We ended up moving and lost all my brewing space. Finally built a garage and got everything set back up with some improvements.

Man has this place slowed down.

D3685E13-1084-4D7B-86E1-8E9AC4619BFD.jpeg

18EF3DB0-DE7C-4854-8CF2-72A72441A2C7.jpeg

Cool setup and welcome back as well! What's new in your rig?
This time around I added a VersaView I had from an old project and ran AdvancedHMI. I also added two SSVR for my HLT and BK so I have better control, old set up was just cycling the output of a SSR on a 1 second duty cycle.

So far I've ran 2 batches with a 3rd in probably a week or so, gotta fill up the kegerator. I had a hiccup on my last brew day, I had a bad lightning strike that fried a bunch of stuff in the house, it got my SLC power supply. I was able to snag a new one and all was good, until I had to fire up my BK and had no output on my analog output channel, that was fried as well.

Nice controller, welcome back! It is a lot slower around here, I personally blame it on the ease of getting into the hobby and commercially available systems with full instructions. There is a lot less need to dig around for help and troubleshooting!

I totally understand that now, I was amazed by some of the "BIAB" style systems. Honestly I may transition to it, with kids and a faster paced life, I have a total new outlook on brewing and how to squeeze it in. The 1V systems seem sweet and easily can get brew day to under 3 hours. I'm still struggling to keep it under 4 hours with clean up and everything. I've been watching a lot of "The Homebrew Challenge" videos and seems sooooooo simple. My system is a mix of free de-comissioned parts (SLC I/O) and cheap Auberins hardware, and with my software and industrial programming knowledge and industrial electrical experience, it was easy and almost a no cost solution for my 3V system. I might hit the drawing board and just design my own 1V system but the systems are so affordable it would be hard to justify the time to transition vs just outright purchasing.

Back