5 LB Co2 Tank

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BootYtRappeR

Reaction score
Since my search results excluded all words from "how long does a 5 lb co2 tank last" except for "long" and "tank"!

How long does a 5lb co2 tank last for you guys? I can't decide whether or not to spend the extra $35 dollars for the 10LB tank. Thanks!

If you are able to get your tanks filled and not just exchanged, and would like to have a brand new 10 lb tank for what most vendors charge for a new 5 lb tank check this out from Micromatic. The shipping for this for me here in Mass. was only $9.

FWIW, in the future it would not be a bad idea to have two tanks. One for carbing and serving, and another for other tasks not related to your kegerator, and as a back up if your main tank runs out at an inopportune time.

John

I have a10 pounder and I've found that it wont fit into my kegerator with two kegs in place. Just make sure it will fit.

johnsma22 said:
If you are able to get your tanks filled and not just exchanged, and would like to have a brand new 10 lb tank for what most vendors charge for a new 5 lb tank check this out from Micromatic. The shipping for this for me here in Mass. was only $9.

FWIW, in the future it would not be a bad idea to have two tanks. One for carbing and serving, and another for other tasks not related to your kegerator, and as a back up if your main tank runs out at an inopportune time.

John

Thanks for the input guys!

I've heard people talk of beverage grade Co2, maybe this can solve the problem with possible contaminants!

I found it on the Micromatic site.

Back