5.2 CF Freezer for Kegarator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlkiBrewing

Reaction score
Is anybody using a 5.0/5.2 CF chest freezer for a keezer? My son & I want to build a small keezer that will will hold two 5gal kegs, CO2 bottle & regulator. I've looked at a few online and based on the specs it looks like it would be close. Thanks.

Hello, thanks! That is exactly what I needed! He even had the same freezer in his spread sheet that I was looking at (Home Depot). Thanks again, appreciate the quick reply.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

If you have the room- go one size bigger. Nice to have room to cold crash/ lager/ cold condition...........
You will appreciate it later.

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

Believe me I hear you, if I had the space would definitely go bigger.

Depending on which ~5cf freezer you get, you may be able to hold 3 kegs in there with the addition of an appropriately sized collar (provided you have sufficient vertical space to accommodate one). If it were me, I'd go with the two taps as you mentioned, but add the collar so I could have a third keg in there carbing.

Just a thought. Cheers.

I'd make sure to get a dual regulator so that you can have a manifold for however many kegs you have tapped, and an extra (long) hose that you can use for force carbing, keg sealing, etc. basically an extra utility hose that can operate on a different pressure than the the tapped kegs

I have the 7.1 Haire (sp) from Costco. It was $180 out the door. It fits under my bar and will fit 4 ball lock kegs a 5 lb cylinder and an 8in box fan for air movment. Love it.

Sent from my iPhone so please excuse auto-corrects

I will be using a 5.0cft freezer for my keezer. Shouldn't have any problem fitting 2 tall 1/4 barrels and the CO2 in there. I don't like the look of a collar so I am going to do a tower. Not many inexpensive options for chest freezers here in ketchikan. Walmart has the only one that is below $200. My kit I ordered is being delivered today. Unfortunately I won't be able to get it all set up until I get back to town in 3 weeks.

Back