$45 for Used Corny's at AIH - Good Deal?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This look like something I should pounce on to get my first 2 kegs?

http://www.homebrewing.org/5-Gallon...185105621&mc_cid=cb9a8c9f43&mc_eid=e6f582273f

Is a "low profile keg" a converted Pin Lock? I have purchased three pin locks from AIH that I converted to Ball and my only complaint is they come pretty dirty compared to their compeititors and they ship a ball lock O-ring set with the keg and their conversion kits are missing the one different O-ring you need for the conversion posts.

However after a minimal amount of fuss they did turn out to be the best three out of the five I own. One is a 3-gallon from them.. You will do fine no matter what. Note that Pin Locks are 1/2" wider diameter and I suspect "low profile" ones would be wider than 9". This is why true Pepsi ball locks are preferred, in a Keezer it's easier to stuff extra in.

Fred

I think they are. The are tested and supposed to be ready except for cleaning.

I was wondering about the keezer issue. I'm planning to build that 8.8 cu ft keezer that a lot of folks have built.

Think I might regret the wider Corny's?

I was wondering about the keezer issue. I'm planning to build that 8.8 cu ft keezer that a lot of folks have built.

If you are thinking of shoving 2 of these into a Danby mini kegerator at one time, think again.
I have 2 of these and I have to be careful what I put into them due to them not fitting into the Danby mini-fridge converted kegerator as they wont fit with 2 of them in there. I cannot even get one in there with another slimmy keg.

I usually put the second 5 gallons of my 10-gallon batch into these chubbies to keg carb them before bottling it all up to hand out. The first 5 gallons goes into the normal tall slimmer kegs to be placed on tap.

If you have chest freezer, you will most likely also lose the footprint of a keg due to these little chubbies vs the slimmies

If you don't measure to confirm that the desired number of kegs will fit, you may regret it. My 7.1 CF freezers fit four ball-locks with pretty much no wiggle room and can only take 3 pin-locks. Should also measure height and take into account additional clearance needed for disconnect with tubing attached. Pin locks are slightly shorter, so they can be advantageous if the freezer is wider but shorter.

Yeah I can fit four skinnies in the bottom or three fatties, but I can also get a fourth on the hump because I built a wide collar. 7.1 CT ft. I doubt if I will ever have more than three running. A 9 cuft should roughly give you one more..

Back