42 gallons + Jim Beam Barrel = Awesome!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

annasdadhockey

Reaction score
Ed rack KBS.jpg

About a month ago,14 clubs in PA and NJ got together at Keystone Homebrew Supply in Montgomeryville, PA for the Barrel Brew Competition. My homebrew club brewed 42 gallons of 1.102 Kentucky Breakfast Stout. A month later, here I am racking 40+ gallons of 1.018 KBS to a Jim Beam Oak Barrel. It will age for 6 months, get kegged, and served at Club Night of this year's National Homebrew Conference in Philadelphia. I love this hobby!!!!!

I have two Buffalo Trace barrels in my basement. Not a member of a home brew club but myself and two friends can brew 60 gal in 10 hours, on just my set up and on Dec 31 we are doing a Barley Wine to fill 1 of the barrels.

I have two Buffalo Trace barrels in my basement. Not a member of a home brew club but myself and two friends can brew 60 gal in 10 hours, on just my set up and on Dec 31 we are doing a Barley Wine to fill 1 of the barrels.

That's excellent. Good luck to you and your friends. Do you have a recipe nailed down yet?

Thinking about a Sierra Navada 30th anaversery clone. We are going to age in barrel then dry hop after it comes out that way we get our fresh hop aroma to balance the barrels notes. And keed that big American Barley Wine edge

Back