4 Tap Keezer Build

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FB12

Reaction score
Hello Gang!
Thought I'd share some pics of my keezer build. Many good ideas from you guys. Thanks! The framework is done, it is T&G ash on sides with 1" cherry trim & cover frame. I bought rough cut lumber & made all the trim. The top is birch veneer & I drew a "Feit Brau" logo on it, then burned it in. The twin dual tap towers & drain trays will be mounted soon. More pics after that. Thanks again for your help. Prost!

bar7.JPG

bar5.JPG

bar1.JPG

bar wtop.JPG

barwtop4.JPG

Looks really nice very sturdy build and the wood burnt logo is a great idea.

Enjoy your project.:mug:

Very nice so far. I built a 4 tap keezer last year.... and have been loving it ever since.

Hello,
Added two Perlick dual tap towers & drain trays. It's looking like a bar now!! Next will be two 45lb. shocks under lid & wire up fans (2 for circulation/2 for towers). Also need to cut holes in closet wall for CO2 lines & mount cylinder inside closet. Hopefully ready for trial tap on Easter! Cheers!tower1.JPG

tower2.JPG

tower3.JPG

Well it's moved to its new home in the dining room anyway. The CO2 lines & manifolds are plumbed in. Also installed the 45lb. shocks. They work well, but need to hang on because it opens in a hurry! Still need to add wiring & fans. Getting close to a test run! I have 3 kegs filled and 2 are naturally carbed already. Should be done by next week. :rockin:

plumb1.JPG

plumb3.JPG

plumb4.JPG

Love it. I am looking at building a 2 tap keezer. I currently have it working as the keezer but am going to spruce it up and plumb in the drain.

Thanks! It's an enjoyable project for sure. Taking longer than planned, but I guess that gives the kegs time to condition! Cheers!

I believe it's an 8.8 cu. ft. Whirlpool. It measures about 41" long by 23" deep. It'll fit 4 easily with room to spare. You could probably get a 5lb. tank on the hump. I use a 20lb. externally mounted. :mug:

I believe it's an 8.8 cu. ft. Whirlpool. It measures about 41" long by 23" deep. It'll fit 4 easily with room to spare. You could probably get a 5lb. tank on the hump. I use a 20lb. externally mounted. :mug:

I sure do appreciate your reply. I have been looking at a GE 8.8 but wasn't sure if 4 would fit inside with the tank. I have a maximum of 46 total inches wide so I figure I should stick to a 41 wide freezer or less, but that limits my options.

Wow that looks awesome!! :mug:

I have been planning to do a similar 4 tap keezer with dual tap towers. Can you go into detail and explain how you plan to wire up the tower fans? Will the wires just go out the back of the keezer between the weatherstripping?

Have you made any more progress so we can have more eye candy? :D

Wow that looks awesome!! :mug:

I have been planning to do a similar 4 tap keezer with dual tap towers. Can you go into detail and explain how you plan to wire up the tower fans? Will the wires just go out the back of the keezer between the weatherstripping?

Have you made any more progress so we can have more eye candy? :D

Thanks! The wires all go through the back side of the lid along with Co2 hoses (thanks day trippr!!). I removed the liner & used a step drill to put holes in. Had to remove some foam insulation to allow for wires & add rubber grommets. Then I marked the liner & cut holes where wires come in. Did the same for towers & drains. There will be 2 fans with 3' (1" diameter) hoses inside the towers. Also 2 circulating fans on bottom of freezer. All the wires will go into a project box with toggle switches & lights mounted to back of wood frame. There will be a temp probe coming through the lid also with the Johnson controller mounted next to switch box. I had a delay with a defective regulator, but Tap Rite is sending me a new one. They're awesome! Wiring photos this weekend. :tank:

First 2 kegs are ready to hook up as soon as I get the lines & faucets cleaned today. The fans and probe are in. The lighted box in pic controls all 4 fans. Co2 tank is inside closet, out of sight. Time to start chillin'!! :ban:wiring1.jpg

wiring3.jpg

co2-1.jpg

co2-2.jpg

Could you post space needed to mount these babies? Possible source and price would be an asset. Well thought out. Thanks for posting.

they're Suspa 45 lb. shocks bought on Amazon for $27/pr. They need about 1.5" of space next to freezer to mount. It's just short of 18" in length when fully opened. Hope that helps. :mug:

they're Suspa 45 lb. shocks bought on Amazon for $27/pr. They need about 1.5" of space next to freezer to mount. It's just short of 18" in length when fully opened. Hope that helps. :mug:

Is is possible to post a picture of the bottom end of the shock, where/how it is mounted? This is the last piece of the puzzle as far as I am concerned, because the weight of the lid, finishing materials (tile, epoxy, etc) and the coffin or towers really tends to add up.

Great build. Thanks!

Is is possible to post a picture of the bottom end of the shock, where/how it is mounted? This is the last piece of the puzzle as far as I am concerned, because the weight of the lid, finishing materials (tile, epoxy, etc) and the coffin or towers really tends to add up.

Great build. Thanks!

Sorry for the delay & thanks for looking!! Here's a couple pics of the shock mounts. Bottom is roughly 1/4 of the distance from the back of cabinet. The last pic is the final touch with a fancy light & dimmer. Gotta have some bling!! Good luck! :mug:shock1.jpg

shock2.jpg

shock4.jpg

Back