4 days dry hopping

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjotmo

Reaction score
I've got a brew that has been only been dry hopping for 4 days and I really want to get this in a keg to carbonate. Do you guys think it will still have the hop flavor I'm shooting for?

^This

1/2 oz isn't much, so 4 days really doesn't seem long enough IMO. That's not to say that the beer won't be delicious, but the hops won't be as fragrant as they could be.

I better just wait. Patients is hey in this hobby and I don't want to regret losing it later. I've got other home brew to drink for now:)

are the hops loose? I have been dry hopping for 5ish days in the keg under pressure at room temp (65) then dropping to serving temp (39) and leaving the hop bag in the keg and haven't noticed any grassy flavors at three weeks into serving. I do kinda want to pull the old bag and drop in another ounce or two. The only thing about dry hopping for an extended period is that I want people to have a big hop experience, but not for them to have the reaction that "this was dry hopped". I feel like I may give up a little bit on the potential flavor/aroma of the dry by removing it early or cold crashing it, but I don't have that grassy flavor either.

Just my 2¢ :mug:

I just tasted a week old Denny Wry Smile i bottled with only 4 days of dry hopping. 2.5 gal batch with 1 oz columbus, i also was a little disappointed. sure the beer is only a week in bottles but would have like more columbus nose on it. 7 days would have been better.

I've gone 9 days dry hopping w/ 1 ounce with no grassiness (@ 65F). If its in a keg at serving temp you can go much longer. 4 days is not enough, especially for only 1/2 oz.

Back