4 corny's in a compact fridge kegerator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingjohnh

Reaction score
I'd appreciate any help/leads with my question. I'm ready to upgrade to kegging and would like to do a keezer, but the wife tells me that space is too big of an issue and I need to keep it to a compact fridge at this point. My goal is to build a system that will hold 4 corny's and I can hide the Co2 on the outside (maybe a wicker basket or something). I know the Sanyo 4912M is very popular (and diff to find), but will this compact fridge and/or some other model(s) fit 4 corny's? I've seen commercial kegerators with 4 tap towers, but don't want to spend the $1800 or so for a system like that.

Thanks,

John

Not to be pessimistic but I don't think you will find it. If you buy a used kegerator on craigslist (the ones set up for sankes) depending on the brand you may be able to convert it to homebrew and squeeze 3 in there. I'd go for the smallest chest freezer that fits 4 with a collar. I believe 1 or 2 7.0cubic ft ones hold 4 with the co2 tank on the outside. They are only about 8-12" wider then a large mini fridge and then just taller.

Yeah, you won't be able to fit 4 into a mini fridge. I have a 3.4 (one of the more common sizes) and it holds 1 and MAYBE a 3 g. A 4.6 will hold 2 + co2.

If you put a collar on the minifridge, it's a different story...

My old kegger was a 10 cu ft reefer and it barely held 4 cornies. Jamb fit and bungee the door shut.

The kegger you linked to is bigger than my 5.0 freezer.

Back