30L Speidel fermenter

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm looking at the 30 gallon version to accompany the 41 gallon ss brewpot I purchased today (home goods $199). I don't imagine the issues will be any different in the larger size? I can't believe I am even considering batches this large...

My new 7.9 gallon one must be different than yours , fp, because the only threaded anything on the top is a 5" diameter hole. The only other opening in the lid at all is the smooth bung port. I think that's what I'll drill a hole into, the red bung...it's plenty frozen now! I'll report back w/ success or failure!

If you have a smooth bung port, then the lid is probably on upside down. They put it that way for shipping. I made the same mistake.

Does anyone know what size hose you're supposed to use with the spigot....I have the same problem....1/2 is too big and 3/8 is too small

I am really thinking of getting the 30 gallon one. I usually brew 15 gallon batches and I am sick of splitting it into 3 carboys and I cannot justify spending over 700 on a conical

Back