22oz Shipyard Barleywine for $1.99?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thisgoestoeleven

Reaction score
Yes, please. Oh man this is good. The beer/liquor store across the street from my apartment has a great selection of craft beers as well as the macrobrews, and they manage to do ridiculous discounts. Today, they had 22oz bottles of Shipyard barley wine and imperial porter on sale for $1.99 each. This is one helluva barley wine. I cracked open the bomber after dinner (from-scratch pasta with bread I baked using grains from Sunday's imperial porter brew). This isn't a nightcap, so much as it is a football helmet. I've been trading sips with SWMBO. Feeling good. How's everyone's evening going? :tank::mug:

That rules dude! No beer for me yet tonight, but my kegs have definitely been calling my name for the last few hours now...

Maybe Ill go pick up some of that barley wine :)

I've yet to try a brew from Shipyard that I didn't love. Their Smashed Pumpkin is one of the best pumpkin ales I've ever had. If you have access to their barley wine, it's definitely worth picking up. Just don't drive anywhere afterward lol

182739_564165516142_52103277_32635560_923978_n.jpg

Gaze upon its magnificence!

I bought one of the imperial porter one night and swore I would wait until my next day off to drink it, needless to say, it didn't survive the first night.

Shipyard rocks! I have that barleywine sitting in my fridge, have yet to pop it...but it definitely wasn't $1.99! I would have stocked up! :D

I can hear the sustain on those guitars from here

The electric is a $150 dollar Jay Turser 335 copy, and it's as good as any Epiphone I've played, and with new pickups it would sound like a Gibson.

My brass gear, on the other hand, cost me an arm and a leg. I need cheaper hobbies.

I love Shipyard but I find the barleywine to bit a little too dry. It's very drinkable but just not what I'm thinking of when I look for a barleywine...

Latest posts

Back