2.5 Gallon Biab

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevinmellett

Reaction score
Hi all!
Just wondering....if I want to do a half batch, do I just divide the ingredients in half? thanks

I just did a 2.5 gallon batch and have another one planned for this weekend. Great for testing before going all the way. I basically split things in half. I like to increase my hops just a bit but I like hoppy brews.

Yep, everything splits down the middle. As long as you are doing a full boil, that is. If you mess around with the gravity of your boil (boil part of your volume and top off to hit proper gravity), then hop utilization can change slightly. However, from what I read here, it's fairly difficult to notice, so no worries either way.

I do 2.5 gallon all grain batches all the time. I use beersmith to split it in half but its the same. But I recommend pitching the whole packet of vial of yeast. You might think that it's over-pitching but if you look at Mrmalty you can see that you should pitch 90% of the vial. I get great results when I do. Just something to think about.

Back