1st all grain need some help

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerpunk5000

Reaction score
So I just got a mash and boil all grain system with pump and this will be my 1st brew

I wanna do something simple so was thinking a lower ABV sour beer

could strictly just use 2 row or pale malt for this recipe? Or would it be better to add some falked wheat or wheat malt?

im assuming I would crush and steep the grains at about 165 for 1 hour cool then pitch some sour yeast and kettle sour in the system at like 100 degrees for 2 days then brig to a boil and boil for a hour add my hops and lactose ect?

Great system. I have done 50 awesome brews with it already. Never done a sour (don't like them) so can't help there. Just watch the temps as usually there is a 2-5°F difference (higher) from the panel reading. Good luck!

70% 2 row , 30% white wheat .
Mash @149f for 60 min. Boil for 60 like normal. Dont use any hops . Cool wort to pitching temp . Pitch wlp644. 24-48 hrs later pitch Goodbellys probiotic . I use the blueberry acai because I make blueberry sours. At the end of fermentation add 5-6 # of blueberries. Once fermentation is about complete dry hop about .5oz then 3 days later package and enjoy.

This is the co pitch method . Simple , no need for extra equipment and no worries of infection during kettling. Check out the forum, theres a bunch of threads about this process.

Attachments

• IMG_2892.jpg
    IMG_2892.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 9
Back