1BBL panel question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcinpdx

Reaction score
Hi all. I was considering upgrading my electric service in my garage to accommodate a 4 element system in which all 4 elements could be on at the same time. Then I got to thinking, what’s the point? Even in a back to back situation, it would not be necessary for all 4 to be on at the same time at full power. Am I missing something? Is there any advantage at all that I’m not seeing?

A 1BBL boil needs both elements even if you dial back to 70%. Now on the second batch, you will end up refilling the HLT and you want both elements for the same reason you wanted them on batch one: speed. The faster its hot, the faster you dough in on batch 2.

The real question is, unless this is a commercial nano, what the he'll do you need 2BBLs in one brew day for?

A 1BBL boil needs both elements even if you dial back to 70%. Now on the second batch, you will end up refilling the HLT and you want both elements for the same reason you wanted them on batch one: speed. The faster its hot, the faster you dough in on batch 2.

The real question is, unless this is a commercial nano, what the he'll do you need 2BBLs in one brew day for?
Hey Bobby - first thanks for all the great products. Many of the items I’ve gotten from you are still in constant use.

to answer your

Back