1amp Fast fuse. Where to buy?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

shtank

Reaction score
I'm looking for one of those in line fast fuse holders that I have seen in P-J's diagrams. For some reason this is the only part I am having trouble finding. I went to Radio Shack but they didn't have an in line fuse holder for 10gauge wire. If someone knows of a part# or a link it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Make sure you're getting fuses and fuse holders rated for AC mains voltage, not automotive voltages. Typically you'd look for 250V rating.

I'm looking for one of those in line fast fuse holders that I have seen in P-J's diagrams. For some reason this is the only part I am having trouble finding. I went to Radio Shack but they didn't have an in line fuse holder for 10gauge wire. If someone knows of a part# or a link it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
If I recall correctly, I have not made a single diagram for a 30A feed using a fuse. In most applications that I have drawn, the fuse size is 1A up to a max of 10A. Therefore you would need a max wire size of #14 for the fuse wiring for both the feed and load side of the fuse holder.

If I recall correctly, I have not made a single diagram for a 30A feed using a fuse. In most applications that I have drawn, the fuse size is 1A up to a max of 10A. Therefore you would need a max wire size of #14 for the fuse wiring for both the feed and load side of the fuse holder.

I just assumed I could run 10gauge throughout my box. Do you suggest the change in wire gauge be made, at the bus (before the fuse) or after the fuse?

Run the same gauge from the bus throughout the circuit. No need to use a heavy wire going to the fuse.

Ok i understand what your saying . I can use 14 for all the 120 stuff but ill need to stay with 10ga for the elements right?

Yes. You can use much smaller wire for the PID control output to the SSR control input connections. Those control lines carry far less than an amp. It is just a signal circuit.

Back