• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Maryland 15 gallon demijohn $40

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chicken

Reaction score
15 gallon demijohn $40

As far as I can see, it's in good condition (except for being dusty, and having a couple crickets in it :) ) We got it with a bunch of winemaking equipment over 20 years ago, and I doubt we've used it more than once or twice. So it's time to pass it on to someone who can make better use of it.

Cash only, local pickup in Catonsville, Maryland (southwest Baltimore County).

IMG_20130911_131605.jpg

Wish I were a tad bit closer or still had buddies in BLT. It seems neat. What purpose does the wicker (is that wicker or plastic) serve?

This is the equivalent to a 15 gallon carboy. The plastic/wickker is to protect the vessel from getting dinged and for ease of carrying. This one looks to be a green colored glass other than the color it would make a great double batch sized primary fermenter. Wish i was closer too, been in the market for a second primary.

Yes, it's basically just a big carboy, and the plastic "wicker" is to protect it, and make it easier to move (when empty). We got it when we bought our wine press many years ago from someone getting out of the hobby. And we thought it was so cool at the time. "Wow! A 15 gallon carboy!"

But cool as it is, it hasn't been all that useful for us. I never make batches of beer bigger than 5 gallons, and we seldom make more than 10 gallons of wine at a time these days. Even when we used to make bigger batches of wine, we found ourselves choosing to age it in 5 or 6 gallon carboys because they are easier to handle.

Hmmmm, I doubt that explanations of why I don't like it is going to help this sale, so I'll shut up now. ;)

Hey Chicken, this looks like a great deal... mind if I come by and take a look over xmas? I'll be in Baltimore from Dec. 26-29th.

I am in northern Delaware, I'd be interested in it if you could meet me somewhere half-ish way between us. If oljimmy doesn't buy it and you'd be interested in meeting me contact me. Thanks

Ship 08527?

Digging this one up. Did you ever sell this? I am in the are and would be interested. Let me know.

Latest posts

Back