$1400 of free brewing stuff

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

madscientist451

Reaction score
Looks like checks will be going out for $1400 soon. I'm spending mine on more brewing gear, even though I already have way too much stuff;
My shopping list includes: Upgrade my small basket press I use for cider, a beer gun for filling bottles from the keg, another chest freezer, another 20 lb CO2 tank and possibly a SS fermenter upgrade, I just started fermenting in corny kegs so I could just keep doing that and maybe just add a floating dip tube.
Anyone have preferences for a beer gun and a SS fermenter for 5 gallons?

Just make sure to spend it as locally as you can. I plan to get new golf clubs. Time for an upgrade. My current set is over 20 years old. Don't think I need any brewing gear, if anything, maybe a couple more Clear Beer floating dip tube thingies.

Stainless fermenter- I have an SS Brewtech fermenter and I really like it. Careful dry hopping in it though; it clogs. Kind of a design flaw for that system. But maybe I'm doing something wrong...

Gotta admit, I clicked on this link expecting you were giving away free brewing stuff... *sigh*
I imagine we'll be paying for it in the form of inflation, i.e. if you have a lot of money in the bank, you're bankrolling the check for folks that don't have money in the bank.
well...good news or bad news, I'll drink to that! 🤪
I'm usually a saver, but this last year has been hard, time to get out and parrrtay!
my kegmenter has been ok for 5 gallons, but if I had a huge wad of cash I'd probably have gotten a unitank (not sure if spike or SSbrewtech, there's a lot of threads on that out there)...
Rather than a dedicated counter pressure bottle filler...I'm leaning more toward the kind that threads into my faucet, seems kinda cool but I haven't seen a thread here on HBT about it yet

Back