12v Heating Pad Power Supply Options

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

matt_m

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
One of my SS Brewtech 12V power bricks (8 or 10A IIRC) is going bad and trips when it has to work hard during the ramp phase of fermentation when the basement is cooling off overnight. I can unplug and reset but its happened twice overnight and the temp drops 3-4 degrees before I find it. Bricks of this capacity aren't easy to find and I know from previous experience that eBay/Amazon ones are of dubious quality.

I'm thinking of just buying a reasonable quality, high output 12V supply, at least 20A, that I can use to power both heaters and clean up some of the wiring mess at the same time. Form factor isn't really an issue as I can mount it on a wall or set it it on a shelf on the other side of the wall and just run the 12V wire through. Any recommendations?

I do a lot of 3d printing, and Mean Well is highly regarded as one of the best brands of power supplies you can use. They are not cheap, but are of very high quality and extremely reliable. This should suit your needs:

https://www.amazon.com/Mean-Well-NES-350-12-Switching-110-240/dp/B007K2H0GI/ref=sr_1_4?crid=27LH8VM57R51F&keywords=meanwell+12v+power+supply+350w&qid=1585228141&s=hi&sprefix=meanwell,tools,172&sr=1-4-catcorr

12v output, 29A, all the protection you could want in a power supply, UL listed, 2 year warranty. Totally worth it.

Last edited:
Thanks. On Amazon they are in one of the deprioritized categories with late April delivery but I found an open box one on eBay for $35 that should be here Monday or Tuesday.

Back