• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

North Dakota 120V Electric Home Brewing Controller

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stainlessbrewer

Reaction score
I just completed assembling a deluxe 120V electric home brewing controller. Over purchased some parts for previous project so I bought the remaining needed items and put this together.

Ideal for small batches and brewing in your kitchen without the need for 240V. Plugs into any 20A GFCI outlet and will handle any 120V heating element (not included) up to 2250 watts. Technically you can use this with a 1600 to 2250 watt element to boil 6 gallons, the Grainfather does with 1600 watts.

It has the Boil Control from Auber Instruments that allows you to adjust the boil power/intensity with the simple turn of a knob. Simply switch to the Boil Control after the mash is complete. Mash temperature control is handled by the PID controller and will hold the mash temp within 1-2 degrees for as long as you like. Also has a switched pump outlet and a master switch to kill all power to heating element outlet. Temperature probe can be installed in a 1/4" NPT port, or weldless fashion in a 1/2" hole with the included stainless nut and silicone washer.

Complete, assembled and tested. If needed I can punch a whole in your kettle for the temperature probe. A 2000W element and weldless enclosure is available online for about $60. I will include a 12 gauge power cord for the element if you need one. Includes printed instructions for both the PID and Boil Control.

Features...
25A commercial grade Omron solid state relay $31.97
Auber Instruments SYL-2362 PID controller $41.25
Auber Instruments DSPR1 digital solid state power regulator for boil control $33.95
2" RTD temperature probe with 8' braided cable and disconnects and weldless nut and washer $43.55
Heatsink for solid state relay $12.50
8' 12 gauge power cord $24.99
20A element master switch with rubber boot $12.00
Carlon 8" x 8" x 4" PVC weather tight enclosure $22.00

$220 shipped to the lower 48
Payment by PayPal Friends & Family.

IMG_5166.jpg

IMG_5171.jpg

IMG_5170.jpg

IMG_5172.jpg

IMG_5173.jpg

Back