120V Controller wiring diagram feedback

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jdudek

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm working on my first ebiab controller. This will be a 120V/20A setup with a 2200W element. I would be ever so grateful to get a second pair of eyes on my wiring diagram. I roughly based it on the Auber Cube and am using the same enclosure and most of the same parts.
Controller wiring diagram.jpg

Any improvement ideas welcome of course

Thanks!

Looks good to me. Pretty straight forward. Might wanna upgrade to a 40amp SSR. Theres no real difference in price, and then you can reuse it if you ever decide to upgrade to 240v. Plus it gives you more wiggle room with amperage and might run a bit cooler. The inkbird IPB16's all use 40amp SSRs. Currently putting together my 3vessel 120v herms controller and i'm using 40s

You might want to consider powering the EZBoil directly from the input power, upstream of the main switch/breaker. This will allow the EZboil to be set before main power is turned on. IIRC the EZBoil powers up in its last state, so if it comes on the same time the element power is enabled, you could have your element powered before you are ready for that to happen. Also, I'd put a 10A fuse on the pump loop. A 2A fast blow might get blown by the pump start up current spike.

Brew on :mug:

Thanks for the feedback. Good idea on the SSRs, i do plan to convert this to 240 in the future (someday) and laid out the front and back panel so that i can do that upgrade without having to buy a new enclosure.

On the element, i was thinking of putting a switch for the element like the one for the pump, so that i can keep the element disconnected while everything else is on. Maybe that's a bit overkill, but i would like to keep a "kill everything" switch.

Latest posts

Back