10 Beers You Most Frequent

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 pages and no one has posted this yet? ****ing kidding me.
tenor.gif

+
tenor.gif

Is this the beginning of the end?

People are replying,i am scared for our future.

I only half-replied. I certainly didn't bother checking Untappd, instead just listed off the beers that come to mind that I drink often. My post is the equivalent of that bridge in the DMZ between the two Koreas.

Is this the beginning of the end?

People are replying,i am scared for our future.

Dude. It's a completely harmless post. Nothing ill implied. Why get pissy? Some folks do wanna talk beer other than DID YOU SEE THOSE IDIOTS IN FLORIDA?! LOL. HAZY IPAS ARE LAME AHAHAHHA. ADJUNCT STOUTS ARE FOR NOOBS.

It is okay to not be the cool kids once in a while.

Dupont biolégère : my father has bought cases of this stuff since it was released in the late 90's, bio beer with a 3.5% abv and super fresh, love it and have been drinking it for years

Timmermans gueuze
Cantillon gueuze
Moeder Overste (lefebre)

Floreffe blonde
Cuvee de ranke (this stuff is soooo good!)
Cantillon kriek
Double Enghien
3 fonteinen gueuze
Rochefort 8/10
Girardin

Really hard to pinpoint the top 10 but safe to say I have atleast 3-5 gueuze's a week

I don't untap, but I'll guess:

Arthur, Convivial, other hill shelfies
3F geuze/Kriek
Tilquin geuze
Assorted SARA, Bernice more often than others
SS5, Susan, whatever hops I bring back from HF
Assorted Tired cans

Damn it. I feel like I'm on BA, but I'm still gonna bite.

Sticky Hands (147)
Hop Venom (131)
RPM (89)
Notorious (85)
Pallet Jack (79)
3-Way 2017 (75)
3-Way 2014 (58)
Workhorse (39)
Columbus IPA (35)
Pliny the Elder (34)

Hmmm... I see a trend here. But if we're being honest, the beer I've drank most in my life is probably Natty Light or High Life.
We are very similar.

Live Oak Hefe
Live Oak Pilz (Live Oak ****ing anything really)
Austin Beerworks Fire Eagle IPA
Cigar City Jai Alai (yes, we get this in Austin)
Pinthouse Pizza Electric Jellyfish
New Belgium Whatever-they're-calling-Rampant IPA-now
Steel Reserve
Hops & Grain - Pellets & Powder IPA
Brazos Valley Brewing Mama Tried Citra IPA (vasty underrated locally)
Zilker Marco IPA

I DRINK A LOT OF IPA ALRIGHT?!

1. Busch
2. High Life
3. Miller Genuine Draft
4. Boulevard Single Wide
5. Schlafly Pale Ale
6. Olde English
7. Miller Lite
8. dry martinis
9. cheap bourbon
10. your mom

All-time, Schlafly Pale Ale is probably top three most purchased from me. I’ve only been on UnTappd since last summer, so my list is very recent. Unfortunately, fresh Schlafly doesn’t make it to Louisville much these days. A real shame.

Dude. It's a completely harmless post. Nothing ill implied. Why get pissy? Some folks do wanna talk beer other than DID YOU SEE THOSE IDIOTS IN FLORIDA?! LOL. HAZY IPAS ARE LAME AHAHAHHA. ADJUNCT STOUTS ARE FOR NOOBS.

The elitist anti-trendy cool kid thing gets really old. I've certainly done it, I've certainly overdone it. Sometimes beer is just fun, and listing your top ten desert island hazewhalzes is entertaining sometimes.

The elitist anti-trendy cool kid thing gets really old. I've certainly done it, I've certainly overdone it. Sometimes beer is just fun, and listing your top ten desert island hazewhalzes is entertaining sometimes.

Agreed, it can be interesting to know what people are partial to when they are just drinking. I don't think Untappd is a good way to tell for a variety of reasons, which is why I ignored that part of the premise.

Most of the lists that have been posted are ones I'd be happy to have myself.

Agreed. This site is not turning into the other site, just ain't happening. For example, the other site would never have an entire off-topic forum with, among other things, intense political threads. It might be annoying if all of the threads on the site were some variation of "top 36 desert island beers" and "what are the worst 11 beers you've ever had after dropping a big deuce", but it's not like that. I think the occasional thread like this is fun, and this one in particular shows that people here don't take beer too seriously (on the other site, this thread would not have played out as it has here).

10 Beers? Hmmmmmm...well, the ones that come to mind without checking untappd:

1) Otter Creek Backseat Berner (I think I still hold the all time record of these on untappd [219 check ins]
2) Otter Creek Couch Surfer [I don't remember how many but it's up there, maybe in the 50 to 60 range]
3) Long Trail Unearthed [somewhere around 30 check ins]
4) Hill Farmstead Susan [I think around 15x]
5) Founders Breakfast Stout [maybe 10 of em, once again, this is all off the top of my head]
6) Alaskan Smoked Porter [cuz I used to be stationed in Juneau, sooooooo, yeah, can't go wrong with that] maybe 9 or 8 of these
7) Frost Beer Works Lush [7 or 8x, I think]
8) 1st Republic 104 Porter [I think 7 or 8x]
9) Alaskan Hopothermia [cuz I was stationed in Juneau, I dunno, maybe 6 of 'em]
10) Founders Backwoods Bastard [I think I got 5 of dem bastards checked in]

Thanks Contemplatebeer for the thread.

Agreed. This site is not turning into the other site, just ain't happening. For example, the other site would never have an entire off-topic forum with, among other things, intense political threads. It might be annoying if all of the threads on the site were some variation of "top 36 desert island beers" and "what are the worst 11 beers you've ever had after dropping a big deuce", but it's not like that. I think the occasional thread like this is fun, and this one in particular shows that people here don't take beer too seriously (on the other site, this thread would not have played out as it has here).
Ya! tosser!
Sorry for being on the wrong side of the tracks.

I drink this nightly. Sue me.
mIf6pKTh.jpg
Thanks for playing. ;)

I stopped using untappd over a year ago. Looked in the mirror one day and saw an ugly ticker staring back at me. Felt like such a hypocrite.
Last beer buying at a shop were all beers I've had before and loved. I'll save occasional new ticks for destinations (brewery visits, out of town bars) and half pints or tasters only.

I'M TRYING TO MATURE, OK?

This is purely a guess...

10. Ninkasi Total Domination
9. Buoy Czech Pils
8. Ft. George 3 Way
7. SN Celebration
6. Boneyard RPM
5. Block 15 Sticky Hands
4. Deschutes Mirror Pond
3. Ex Novo Eliot
2. Session Premium Lager
1. SNPA

I haven't used Untappd in about 4 years, so it was fun looking at old drinking habits. If I'm guessing what my top 10 most consumed beers today look like, probably something along the lines of....

1) Pizza Port Ponto
2) Pizza Port Swami's
3) Negra Modelo
4) Modern Times Ice
5) Sante Saison Bernice
6) Firestone Easy Jack
7) Pacifico
8) Resident Chasing Citra
9) Pizza Port Jetty
10) Societe Pupil

Edit: Most checked-in beer was Alpine Nelson...**** you Green Flash for ruining this

Ya! tosser!

Thanks for playing. ;)

I stopped using untappd over a year ago. Looked in the mirror one day and saw an ugly ticker staring back at me. Felt like such a hypocrite.
Last beer buying at a shop were all beers I've had before and loved. I'll save occasional new ticks for destinations (brewery visits, out of town bars) and half pints or tasters only.

Funny enough, one of the things I like about UnTappd is that I’m less of a ticker on there than I was on Ratebeer. My check ins are a more honest reflection of my beer journey, and I’m more inclined now to repurchase beer than I was on Ratebeer, where I focused on ticks over repeat business. Admittedly, that might simply be where I am in the hobby, and less a function of UnTappd.

Funny enough, one of the things I like about UnTappd is that I’m less of a ticker on there than I was on Ratebeer. My check ins are a more honest reflection of my beer journey, and I’m more inclined now to repurchase beer than I was on Ratebeer, where I focused on ticks over repeat business. Admittedly, that might simply be where I am in the hobby, and less a function of UnTappd.

I view Untappd in a similar manner. I like to see places I’ve been and friends I was with way more than unique checkins.

Ya! tosser!

Thanks for playing. ;)

I am still drinking this.

Okl9rMNh.jpg

Latest posts

Back