$10.73 regulator

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GenIke

Reaction score
Just a heads up $10.73 at Midwest

I'm glad I procrastinated on getting that backup CO2 tank and regulator, this thing should work perfect.

I got one as well as the Nitrogen-CO2 converter - I've been planning on getting set up with a stout faucet, so I figure I'm 1/3 of the way there. I also got the paintball tank adapter, so I can do that if I want as well... I just built a jockey box, but moving around my 20-lb tank is kind of a PITA.

Thanks for the heads up! I picked one up along with a paintball co2 adapter and some other odds and ends that were on sale to make the shipping worthwhile.

Says it's a single, pic is a double. Any concern?

I'm not concerned, if it only has one gauge, it will work a little better for a portable regulator with a paintball tank and the high pressure gauge is not particularly useful anyway.

It's like the gas gauge in a POS car i had in high school that was completely inaccurate except when the dummy light lit up saying it was down to 1/8th of a tank.

I just bought 2. Hopefully I can sell one and it'll pay for the other one.

anyone get in on the $18 chiller? i got a few plus a few regulators. hope it ships...i plan to share the wealth with my club.

I can see the $12 regulator, but once I look at the item, it's $18. And it's showing me a $45 price on the double regulator in the list view, then $75 in the item view. Weird stuff.

I've never purchased from Midwest before, but this is the kind of thing that turns customers away very quickly.

I found a relatively large number of items on their site that seemed to have odd pricing like that. I honestly expect to get an email from them saying that there were mistakes and they can't fill all our orders. I'm a bit surprised all of the prices didn't already change on the website.

My order shipped today.

I had the $17 stainless chiller in my cart but when I put in my cc# the price jumped to full price. People on slickdeals said they got it to go through and didnt receive anything saying their order cancelled.

I can see the $12 regulator, but once I look at the item, it's $18. And it's showing me a $45 price on the double regulator in the list view, then $75 in the item view. Weird stuff.

I've never purchased from Midwest before, but this is the kind of thing that turns customers away very quickly.

It made it onto the front page over at slickdeals due to a $17 stainless immersion chiller so I think they had a mass of people trying to buy stuff at once. Not sure if it was a price error or what.

I definitely only paid $11.73 for the regulator. I got a stainless growler and stainles ball valve too for super cheap.

i ordered the co2 double regulator that was on sale for 45 and some line cleaner that was on sale for 5 and all went well.
Well i guess ill find out if all went well in a few days.
-ordered from them before and never had a problem

Well it looks like $17.95 now. I wonder how well it does...

Fortunately, I finally got mine stable.

If you buy a recipe kit you can use the SETSALE code and get $14.92 off even if you dont hit the $75 mark.

I am glad that many of you got the regulator at the deep discount. However, I will not be back to Midwest ~ EVER ~ because I think they used (or tried to use) a deceptive business practice on me. It was $10.79 when I put it in the cart, but it was changed to $17.95 when it was in the cart .. anyone not paying close attention would have just paid the higher price and not noticed after tax and shipping were added. I would assume that this is illegal to begin with, but their software must be defective (or outdated) as well as it cannot 'grandfather' a price once the item goes into the cart. So this will only happen again, and again, and again.... bye Midwest - it was nice knowing you - or maybe not.

3 chillers and 2 regulators for less than $75 shipped. gonna set up a chiller, pre-chiller and pre-pre-chiller... :D

Mine arrived today already and it is a dual gauge regulator, not single.

That's awesome news! I'm hoping for the same. My order of 10 regulators shipped last night. I used code setsale to negate the shipping. Before any of you flame me, I have 5 co2 tanks at home and if these are in fact dual regulators, I'll be swapping out most of my current regulators.

Now I just wish I would've seen the deal for the IC.

they canceled my second order, the $80 triple faucet tower. Midwest said they didn't have any in stock. lame!

I was able to get 2 of the single change regulators for $10.73 each. should be arriving today. they also have the double gauge adapter for the brew logic regulator that would convert it to a double body regulator. it's on sale for $11.93. i should order 2 of them too.

As soon as someone posted here about the chiller, I went to purchase but was too late it seems. I would of bought a few at that price.

Apparently the regulator didnt come with a shut off valve... Do I need to use a shut off valve? If so, how do I attach it as they are both MPT. Can I just grab the appropriate brass coupling from the hardware store?

Apparently the regulator didnt come with a shut off valve... Do I need to use a shut off valve? If so, how do I attach it as they are both MPT. Can I just grab the appropriate brass coupling from the hardware store?

I don't have a shut-off on either of my primary regulators, I just close the valve on the tank. I was looking at the regulator last night. As i recall, the description said that it had a built-in check valve, but it also said that it was single gauge. Anyone know how I can tell if this has a check valve or not?

I don't have a shut-off on either of my primary regulators, I just close the valve on the tank. I was looking at the regulator last night. As i recall, the description said that it had a built-in check valve, but it also said that it was single gauge. Anyone know how I can tell if this has a check valve or not?

I dont think it does... I'm not sure where it would be? I've only seen them in the shut off vlaves AFAIK.

It was easy to swap it out for a shut off w/ check valve I got at the LHBS. The website mad it look like I was going to need another coupling but I didnt.

My order arrived today. I got the dual-body regulator and added an extra washer to get over $75 so that the Columbus Day discount could apply.

I'm very happy with this order, and I will look at Midwest again when ordering online. (My LHBS is Great Fermentations, so I rarely order online for this hobby. )

Back