1 year anniversary

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

janson745

Reaction score
I am super stoked to get home tonight!!

1 year ago today, I bottled my first ever batch of beer. It was an Irish Red extract kit. I saved 1 bottle of each batch and plan to drink it on the anniversary date. Man, when I bottled it, one year seemed so far away, but looking back it sure has flown by!

I tell ya, I would never have made it a year in this hobby if it weren't for a lot of you guys out there and the help I have received!! Thanks a ton, HBT gang!!

Congratulations janson!
I do the same. When I bottle, I do 3 in 22ozers, and wax the top(what the heck, I figure it MAY last longer that way). I don't have any of my 1st batch from 20 months ago, but I started with my 2nd batch and have at least one from each batch left. It's interesting to see how they age.

It was amazing. It had a great flavor one year later. I was afraid that the flavors would meld together too much or possibly be over carbed. And, it was great.

I highly recommend this practice to others!!

Back