1 st all grain in a beer machine!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
20230430_192651.jpg

I have a Mash'n'Boil. For sparging, if you have any other way heat it up while you're mashing, do that. I use either a propane burner setup or a pot on the stove to heat up the sparge water, depending on the heat here in Texas. If not, take the grain out, heat up your water, put the grain back in and sparge.

If not, take the grain out, heat up your water, put the grain back in and sparge.
What would you do with the hot wort in the meantime?

You can sparge with cold water. A dunk sparge in a bucket/tub would probably be the most efficient. 2-3 gallons is probably plenty for the sparge.
Just make sure to subtract your sparge volume from the strike water volume. When sparging, you're not doing a full volume mash anymore. ;)

I'm researching AIO brewing systems and the Vevor is a great price for my budget. Any updates on using it in your brewing? Also curious on which sparge method you ended up going with?

wow so many vevor posts today . im not the only one. lol

love my vevor. wrap that baby up in reflectiex it gets up to boiling in no time.
and i bring it up to boil the night beofre and throw a blanket on it its plus or minus 10 degrees from mash out in the am

lastly no need for a seperate sparge heater. i bring all of the water up to 170 in the aio. run off the sparge into a 3 gallon -4 gallon kettle and place that in a preheat 170 oven its still at 170 after mash out when you ready to sparge.

if you do it right you can add cool water back to the aio after removing the sparge to bring your temp down to desired dough in and volume up to where you need it. just got to juggle your numbers a little

get a sight glass other wise you have to keep lifting out the pipe to see the level when sparging its a pain. sight glass also tells you how much water is below the pipe to make sure you dont dry out the base and cause scroching or worse element shutoff during a mash which is as scary to me as a stuck sparge.

Back