1 pound Hop Sampler for $8 at AIH

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

belowi

Reaction score
Adventures in Homebrewing is offering their Wunder Hops 1 pound of hops sampler pack for $8 plus shipping. This is normally $29.00. You get 8 two ounce packages of various hops which may include any of the following:

Mosaic (HBC 369) Hop Pellets
Simcoe Hop Pellets
Ahtanum Hop Pellets
Azacca Hop Pellets
Cashmere (US) Hop Pellets
Cascade Hop Pellets
Cluster Hop Pellets
Comet (US) Hop Pellets
Equinox/Ekuanot (HBC 366) Hop Pellets
Galena Hop Pellets
Tettnang Hop Pellets
Idaho 7 (US) Hop Pellets
Mt Hood Hop Pellets
Nugget Hop Pellets
Warrior Hop Pellets
Saaz (CZ) Hop Pellets
Fuggle Hop Pellets
Magnum (GR) Hop Pellets
Motueka (NZ) Hop Pellets
Nelson Sauvin (NZ) Hop Pellets
East Kent Golding (UK) Hop Pellets
Wakatu (NZ) Hop Pellets
Loral Hop Pellets

https://www.homebrewing.org/Wunde...10683.html

I received my order today, each bundle ended up being identical and you can see the 8 hop varieties that were included in the photos. I was a little disappointed that both packs were exactly the same, since the product listing stated that “each bag will be unique”... Still an interesting selection to experiment with I guess and a deal for 8 bucks each.

Bag 1:
ECA9408A-FDED-4020-B010-2966C9FF9B7D.jpeg

Bag 2:
76A1178B-3EAC-4C55-8247-97C7F7A9B073.jpeg

Any recipe ideas?
(Not necessarily all at once...)

That's a bummer. Mine was a bit different. Got nugget, cashmere, idaho 7, nelson sauvin, ekuanot, cluster, warrior, and Simcoe noble as 3.3%

My order disappeared into the Postal Service for over a month, but it arrived today [Edit: I'm not knocking AIH for that, they're not the ones that jacked up the Postal Service]. I ordered 2lbs, here's what I got:

Bag #1
Comet
Saaz (Czech)
Wakatu
Ahtanum
Galena
Azacca
Cashmere
Mosaic

Bag #2
EKG (UK)
Cashmere
Galena
Fuggle
Loral
Warrior
Simcoe
Nelson Sauvin

For $25, I'm calling this a big win. The goal of this exercise was to force me to use hops that I wouldn't normally consider, much less purchase, and subsequently drive me to dust off old recipes/styles (my US pale ales and IPAs have been dormant for years) and write new recipes that take advantage of hop characteristics that simply didn't exist when most of my recipes were written.

I'm stoked! It should be an interesting (the good kind of interesting) 2021 in my brewery.

Last edited:
Back