• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1.5" Sanitary diaphragm valves FS

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WPStrassburg

Reaction score
I picked up a lot of diaphragm valves to use with my conical fermenter and don't need all of them.
They are ITT dia-flo sanitary valves with PTFE diaphragms in them so they are easy to clean and can take anything we throw at them. They were removed from a sanitary steam system so they are pretty much spotless.

15sanitarydiaghpramvalveport.jpg

15sanitarydiaghpramapart.jpg

15sanitarydiaghpramvalve.jpg

$40 for the valve or $45 with two triclover clamps plus shipping.

Hi neighbor. Just wanted to say how awesome that valve looks. Very industrial. My setup is no where near something like that...but some day.

Thanks! They are bada$$ I'm using a smaller one on my pump discharge to throttle the flow during recirc and cooling.

Click for video

you at the homebrew meeting last night?

Naw, I'm not part of the local club. I've thought about it. Maybe I'll drag my lazy butt to one of the meetings some day.

WPStrassburg said:
I'll grab some usps boxes on monday and see if they fit in a med or if they have to go in a large and let you know.
Thanks,
Walter

Awesome, thanks!

If you've got info on where you've gone in the past at work to get replacement parts, that would be great. Just so I know where to go when they eventually need to have new diaphragms put in.

I'll just chime in as a satisfied buyer - I've been very happy with these valves in my setup. Perfect valve to use for controlling the flow off a pump when you're running a HERMS or RIMS, or for fly sparging.

Unlike ball valves, they can be CIP'd. I tore mine down after the first wash, and they were spotless.

They're a little oversized for regular march pumps, which just means you need a fine touch to dial in low flow rates. But, if your brew system is ever going to grow, these would easily handle the flow rates you'd be seeing even from multi-barrel sized systems.

Back