Ohhhhh I am PI$$ED!!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I went to a local shirt shop about 4 weeks ago to go over prelims on having shirts made. came home did some reserch and then went back about two weeks ago to finilize all the dollars and cents on the order and to get HARD #'s for the cost of the shirts and artwork that they needed to do. No problem I had them write EVERYTHING down and I kept all the costs they wrote. I went out and sold 50+ shirts in two days GREAT right.... Uhhhh wrong I went in today to place the order and NOW there telling me its going to be another $7.00 extra EACH shirt to place the order WTF!!!!! Now what?? I have 50+ shirts I NEED to get made and I have basicly sold them for less than this place will make them for. OHHHH I am PI$$ED. What looked like a $400 weekend selling garmets is going to turn out to be a wash,
I said to hell with them and went to there compeditor and told them my story (didnt mention any names) and there going see what they can do for me. I will probably break even BUT DAMN WTF!!!
ahhhh I feel better now :mug:
thanks for listening
JJ

Get them HERE

Literally THOUSANDS of legitimate chinese companies that will make them for you for next to nothing. I have used this site to find suppliers for mouse mats and hats, and was very pleased

Another option is to ring the Better Business Bureau. If you have a written quote, they pretty much have to honour it. Does the quote have small print that says "all quotes good for X days?"

PeteOz77 said:
Another option is to ring the Better Business Bureau. If you have a written quote, they pretty much have to honour it. Does the quote have small print that says "all quotes good for X days?"
I thought about that and yes I have everything in wrighting but they said I must have misunderstood the quote Dhaaaa WHAT misunderstood the quote how is that.... Thanks for the other post I have been searching around in that. Have you had them make you stuff??
JJ

yes, but keep in mind, there are thousands of manufacturers there, all of them pretty much need to be certified as real busniesses (and real buyers) before they can put a listing there, so they should all be legit. Most of them will send you sample as well for like $15 USD.

I would carefully look over the quote. Only you know for sure what transpired, but if they gave you a quote they have to sell you the items within a certain percentage (I think 10%) legally. So if they quoted you $100, they could legally sell them to you at a max of $110. Of course, you are the only one with the quote and I have no idea what actaully transpired. If you got a legit quote and they are trying to screw you, I would get the better business bureau involved.

Bobby_M said:
It sounds like they gave you a verbal quote and you wrote it down. No leg to stand on. Real quotes need to be signed by someone in the company.

If that is true, then yeah...

A verbal quote is not going to get you anywhere. I would still let them know that you plan on telling everyone that they are a bad company to do business with, but I cant imagine that is going to get you anywhere.

Bobby_M said:
It sounds like they gave you a verbal quote and you wrote it down. No leg to stand on. Real quotes need to be signed by someone in the company.
everything is in his writing but I wouldnt do buisness with them at this point anyway even if they called me today and wanted to go ahead with the deal.
I would rather take a loss then give them my buisness. and as for talking Crap about them ... Not my style, I would rather praise the company that gets the job done and maybe get them some buisness. Thats a bit more positive IMHO and your right it wouldnt get me anywhere anyway
Cheers
JJ

Back