Keezer Built Moffat 7.0 Chest.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brew_MB

Reaction score
  • Moffat 7.0 Chest Freezer
  • Dual Regulator Tower Kit w/ px manifold from OBK
  • 3" 5/16 bolts x4 rubber sealing washers x4 and T-nuts x4
  • Some epoxy and stains and stuff
  • A crap-ton of wood (when you aren't a professional wood worker... things get interesting.)
  • Faux barnboard siding for interior decorating
  • 1/8" Oak paneling (to keep costs down) Solid oak is $$$
  • around 20' of oak bullnose for the top bar rail.

I used a lot of forum posts here and I have been working around how to make the bar I wanted since I have some furniture out the

So I started with this base here.... I wanted to raise the serving area up a bit. The width is the exact width of the freezer.... and extends out for space for a beverage fridge also.

Once the hinges were removed on the lid, I used some 3" bolts with rubber sided washers (and a little silicone) to make the seal.

From the bolts through the lid, I went though a 1/2 inch board and placed my T-nuts. Screwed in the lid, test fit complete.

I screwed (and epoxy glued) the 1/2" to the top of the bar 3/4" pine laminate. The freezer lid can be unbolted and dropped out if I kill it, and while it is gone. the top bar is supported by the frame underneath, and can continue to be used.

Some strawberry cider finished fermenting and while the bar is being finished it was pressurized and put on a picnic tap. :mug:

It works! the lid opens as expected, on a 32" piano hinge I've seen this style here in the forums before.

The bar after the surface has been laminated with 1/8" oak sheets. Staining in progress and the faux barnboard chosen for the project is installed.

Up next..... a hurdle yet to be surpassed on the original plan.

The beer tower has arrived but it is just too heavy, and with limited securing options inside the base it runs the risk of damaging itself, the lid, or both when the bar is opened for restocking or pressure tweaks!

Seen here is the base mount, 4 holes for bolts through the bar itself, 2 long bits on nuts secure and clamp all the pieces together under tension.
I'd have a real problem here with "tilting" I think.

Lastly, the "operation" as she sits now. To be completed includes but not limited to:
  • The bar to which guests can sit and be served.
  • Trimming edges and corners.
  • Mounting a Tower, unsure it will be the porcelain tower I happened upon rather fortunately. Or something which will work more in line with my original plan.
  • server side bar doors (over keezer) and shelving)

To add,
Ive swapped the thermostat in the freezer itself to a fridge controller. While there is no need to the temp-probe power regulator most use here... my temperature was a little more finicky to dial in. When full... it sits at around 33F currently.

Latest posts

Back