Can a brother get a Woo Hoo!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheesefood

Reaction score
My boss just called me into his office to talk about bonuses. Bonuses are paid out tomorrow company wide, and this year they're 14% of salary. On top of that, my boss approved $5,000 additional bonus for me!!!!

Yeeeeehawwww!!!

BierMuncher said:
Congrats. Way to go.

I see some new brew gear in your future.

Yeah, but I'm pretty solid right now.

I see an X-box 360 in my very immediate future. The wife told me we couldn't afford one, but with an additional $5,000 in our pockets, I think we can.

Congrats - they hiring?

If you want a 360 - talk to my BIL. He manages a Game Stop and can probably get you a deal

rdwj said:
Congrats - they hiring?

If you want a 360 - talk to my BIL. He manages a Game Stop and can probably get you a deal

For IT, yes.

I'd talk to your BIL, but then I wouldn't have one NOW.

Waydago! Now did you tell SWMBO yet? Get that $5K bonus in the form of a gift certificate at Morebeer.com and get your brew rig.

Wow honey, can you believe it? They love my brew so much, they got me this gift certificate!!! :)

my company is going more corporate all the time. late last year they hired some consultants and evaluated everyone's pay based on what their "job value" was in the market

this is pretty stupid, because we're the #1 company in our industry...why in the hell would they want to pay us what we can get somewhere else? they're going to lose all the employees that make this place great.

bonuses are also based on "goals"...not even going to go on about that

my point is: i've been with the company for 3 years and the first 6 months of this year was the least i've ever been paid. i'm bitter.

anyway, congrats cheese...i'm super jealous

That's awesome cheesefood. Have you been there a year yet? You getting a full payout or a % of tenure? If a full payout, that's really cool of them. My company requires full year employment for that fiscal year. Previous company did too.

Woo Hoo? That's only in the mo'nin. She should be in the kitchen, makin' brekfest or sumpin' anyway.

Err.. I mean, Congrats! An unexpected windfall is always awesome. I got a few hundred unexpected dollars for my 30th in September (which is a damn lot of money if you're still a stinkin' graduate student) that got immediately turned into a kegerator. :)

/Bubb Rubb for the win. (Please tell me I'm not the only one who saw the Woo Hoo/Woo reference?)

Cheesefood said:
Hmmm...I do need a kegerator...

This is what I'm doing with a small piece of my bonus as well!! The bonus gets paid out first pay in November (I was just notified of this last week as well!!)

Unfortunately mine was only 10% of salary this year. However, the 17% 'merit increase' (i.e. raise) more than made up for the bonus being slightly down from prior years (12%ish)... :ban: :ban: :ban:

Congrats on the $$$$$$$$$ man!

DeathBrewer said:
my company is going more corporate all the time. late last year they hired some consultants and evaluated everyone's pay based on what their "job value" was in the market

this is pretty stupid, because we're the #1 company in our industry...why in the hell would they want to pay us what we can get somewhere else? they're going to lose all the employees that make this place great.

bonuses are also based on "goals"...not even going to go on about that

my point is: i've been with the company for 3 years and the first 6 months of this year was the least i've ever been paid. i'm bitter.

anyway, congrats cheese...i'm super jealous
My company did the same thing about 3 years ago. I think they mentioned a consultant company named "Hay". Anyhow, I was one of the lucky ones, got a promotion (1 grade higher) then after the re-evaluation they decided that job was not graded high enough, so I got another grade.

Cheese -- congratulations, a nice bonus is always welcome news! Step 1: figure out what to get as a nice surprise for your SWMBO. This gets you on her very good side. Then casual mention of your single tier system desires, at the right time, you get the green light. Might even get and Edmund Fitzgerald out of the deal!

My bonus this year was $300. Yup, that's a big F-U considering it's less than half a percent of my salary. I try to stay positive though because even when there was a company wide "No Raise" policy, my supervisor slipped me a secret 4% raise somehow.

Cheesefood said:
I heard that somewhere else as well. Now it's going to drive me nuts. Maybe the Jackass guys.

Family Guy:

You could whore your self out to 100 ugly chicks for 10 bucks a piece.

LouT said:
Cheese -- congratulations, a nice bonus is always welcome news! Step 1: figure out what to get as a nice surprise for your SWMBO. This gets you on her very good side. Then casual mention of your single tier system desires, at the right time, you get the green light. Might even get and Edmund Fitzgerald out of the deal!

She's getting a new washer and dryer, a house payment, and a shopping spree.

That's the idea! I guess if you were a SWMBO you'd be exited about the w&d and house payment, too! Just being a sarcastic d!(khead. The shopping spree is your pass.
Congrats again. Post pics after you get your stuff!

LouT said:
That's the idea! I guess if you were a SWMBO you'd be exited about the w&d and house payment, too! Just being a sarcastic d!(khead. The shopping spree is your pass.
Congrats again. Post pics after you get your stuff!

She gets THO's at the thought of saving money. Seriously. My wife abhors shopping unless it's absolutely necessary. I'm the one who spends all the dough. I can't remember the last time she spent a dime on herself other than food. Goes to the library instead of buying books. Asks for magazine subscriptions as presents. Could care less about shopping, and I live in one of the BEST towns for shopping in the country with one of the biggest malls anywhere. (The mall by my house is Illinois' #1 attraction - beating everything in Chicago.)

Latest posts

Back