Username Dyslexia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fiery Sword

Reaction score
...Not dyslexia exactly, but does anyone else read different things from HBT users intended screen names? examples:

banjopicker16 = Ban Jo Picker
unclesamskid = Unclean Skid
carpe3dm = Carpe 3’em
GABrewboy = Gay Brew Boy
olllllo = who else actually pronounces it OLO when reading it????

Editors Note: I'm not picking on you guys specifically, so don't take it as an attack! :D

Not sure about this, but the post the other day about "I hate Beersmith!" (words to that effect) made me wonder what BREWsmith had done to upset the person...

DeadYetiBrew... still not positive if that's "Dead Yeti Brew," or "Dead, Yet I Brew."

Oh, and I've decide that Jeep-Boy there is to be known as ollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo (since I never know how many "lll"s he uses).

Fiery Sword said:
...Not dyslexia exactly, but does anyone else read different things from HBT users intended screen names? examples:

banjopicker16 = Ban Jo Picker
unclesamskid = Unclean Skid
carpe3dm = Carpe 3’em
GABrewboy = Gay Brew Boy

Editors Note: I'm not picking on you guys specifically, so don't take it as an attack! :D

Orpheus = BigCockLovin'HomoPheus
olllllo = Oleo
Dude = GangsterForLife

EDIT: How do you pronounce Rdwj? RodWoj?

Bird, I though the exact same thing about the Brewsmith post. Also, I go with Dead Yeti Brew. That actually kicks ass.

With rdwj, I just read the letters, though rodwoj is much better. :D

Fiery Sword said:

I never did cause I'm a Jeep guy. I knew exactly what it was.

the_bird said:
(since I never know how many "lll"s he uses).

Just remember that there is supposed to be seven "slots" on the grill, meaning 6 l's. Wait....I think he even got it wrong, LOL....Oh well.

Fiery Sword said:

Do your lips move when you read the posts, Fiery?

Bird: Is is bird; the bird; or the_bird (the underscore bird)?

Dude: 5 -7 depending on YMM, but ask yourself how many fingers are on the c.1982 Brewer logo.

Chimone: Is it Chimoan or Chim o knee (as in I used to smoke- hoping that's still the case- like a chimney?)

In the end make sure, "Here's your beer..." proceeds what ever you call me.

olllllo said:
Do your lips move when you read the posts, Fiery?
:D No, but I do kind of read to myself in my head. In fact, now that I'm thinking about that it's pissing me off. I'm even 'reading' this crap I'm typing in my head as I'm typing it. Annoying!!!! bAh!!! I think I'm going insane!!!! :drunk:

the_bird said:
Not sure about this, but the post the other day about "I hate Beersmith!" (words to that effect) made me wonder what BREWsmith had done to upset the person...
Don't worry, he's been taken care of. :D

Occasionally stuff like that will throw me off guard, but just for a split second. I've had at least one member PM me and call me Beersmith. In all honesty, I chose the handle before I knew Beersmith was brewing software.

Dude said:
I never did cause I'm a Jeep guy. I knew exactly what it was.

Just remember that there is supposed to be seven "slots" on the grill, meaning 6 l's. Wait....I think he even got it wrong, LOL....Oh well.

n00b. Real jeepers use the CJ-6 grill.

the_bird said:

DeadYetiBrew... still not positive if that's "Dead Yeti Brew," or "Dead, Yet I Brew."

Oh, and I've decide that Jeep-Boy there is to be known as ollllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllo (since I never know how many "lll"s he uses).

LOL, i feel special now... I hadn't even thought of it that way... I just cal olllllo, jeep

Johnsma22: John Is My .22???

olllllo said:
Was that someone you... or the other you?

My cousins (other me) closet smelled like a dead animal for the longest time... still does but not as bad... it went from being a supposed dead rat to being a dead yeti... so it's become an inside joke...

olllllo said:
Dude: 5 -7 depending on YMM, but ask yourself how many fingers are on the c.1982 Brewer logo.

I know I know

3 and 1 thumb
jimm_MilwaukeeBrewers.jpg

the_bird said:
I always get Todd_K and rdwj confused... which one of those bastards was the first to post the windmill?

Windmill?

Cheese suggested I could be the "windmill". :eek:

Should I be honored? Is there work involved?

Would my mother approve? :p

Bernie Brewer said:
I somehow mange to see an "i" in there so it comes out as "oll-i-llo":eek:

Mee too I think it's a Cheesehead thing, kinda like Bubbler, soda and "ya der eh" . . . maybe it's a throw back to the days of no margerine allowed in the state

Pumbaa said:
Mee too I think it's a Cheesehead thing, kinda like Bubbler, soda and "ya der eh" . . . maybe it's a throw back to the days of no margerine allowed in the state

Huh? I don't remember those days, and I'm older than you!!!! Maybe I'm just gettin senile.......

I always think Jeep when I see olllllo so I just call him Jeep.

I don't think I was the first to post a windmill but I was probably the first when to get you to watch it! :D

the_bird said:
Holy crap, I never saw that before... it's like the arrow in the FedEx logo...

You gotta be sh!ttin me! You never saw that?
Wait, do mean you really never saw it or you just never noticed that it was an M an a B made to look like a ball-in-glove???

Brewpastor said:
Bernie brewer makes me think beanie brewer

LOL yeah I'm sittin here typing with a propeller-cap on my head......:)

BTW Brewpastor makes me think of Father Mulcahey in M*A*S*H* when he got drunk and tried to deliver a sermon:drunk: You ever do that??:D

Bernie Brewer said:
You gotta be sh!ttin me! You never saw that?
Wait, do mean you really never saw it or you just never noticed that it was an M an a B made to look like a ball-in-glove???

Never noticed the "M" and the "B"... I've seen the damn logo, just never, well, seen "inside" it like that...

the_bird said:
Never noticed the "M" and the "B"... I've seen the damn logo, just never, well, seen "inside" it like that...

Understood. It's actually kinda easy to miss, esp if you're not a cheesehead.......:)

Bernie Brewer said:
Huh? I don't remember those days, and I'm older than you!!!! Maybe I'm just gettin senile.......

I dunno if thats exactly how it worked but my Grandma talks about it all the time . . . dont ask me why . . . BTW the only time margerine is alowed in my house is when I'm baking cookies and even then I prefer butter flavored Crisco

Back