2 manifolds, 3 regulators, 4 gages

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Five gas lines, 7 hoses, 51 connections and one very small leak! Rebuilding the kegger's CO2 system and naturally the leak is not in any of the pieces I can submerge. So, I have some time with soap and my magnifying glass in my schedule. Once, it's done, the CO2 tank will be outside the kegger and I'll be able to have three different pressures inside.

that sounds like a very nice setup. post pics when you're done!

Oh we gotta have pictures now! That sounds like it will be awesome when finished.

Still looking for the leak, but ...

14ionpk.jpg

The line from the tank feeds into the primary side of the secondary regulators and to a line for soda water (about 35 psi). The two secondary regulators will feed ale kegs, one at 15 psi for cider & fizzy ales, the other at about 5 psi for "real" ales.

If I decide to build a new kegger and add taps, I can just extend the manifolds.

Are those secondary regs the ones off the science supply site you listed in a previous post? Are they good quality?

Yes, and they are top quality, brand-new near as I can tell. If anything they are better quality than the main regulator, they certainly are heavier. Had to buy the gages locally.
14j6p6p.jpg

Wow. Those are nice. Guess I'll put in an order for a couple. Already picked up 3 30psi gauges at Wal Mart for $5 each. Were in the pool section for the filters. Cheapest I've seen so far.

how much was shipping for the secondaries?

edit - and are these only good as secondaries? or can we 'convert' it into a primary with the proper gauges and connections?

0. I paid 7.95 shipping for my entire order. They go by dollar amount, not weight.
A. They can't handle full tank pressure
B. All of the ports are right-hand threads. Regular regulators have left-hand threads on the high pressure side.

This is awesome and I thank you for feeding my urge.....however, the ultra anal nature of my being wants you to get an individual regulator for each keg.....I'm sorry, it just screams it, and you're not far from it.......I feel it, the dark side is strong with this one....

The mess is in the kegger and undergoing the final leak test. In the process, I noticed the Mocha Porter is just about blown. Looks like we have some good weather coming in, so maybe I head down to Corvallis tomorrow & get some makings.

Back