Relay to switch 120v AC

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerrepository

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction for a relay that could switch on a 120v AC supply with a 5v DC control. I wired up the monitoring side of a temp controller with my Arduino and three DS18S20 nics, so now I want to get the other side working. The Arduino has a 5v output, which would trigger the AC power on and off, but I want to make sure I get the proper relay to do the job. Any help would be appreciated.

I have used Crydom D2425 solid state relays for similar functions. The D2425 will do up to 240 VAC at 25 amps and are switched with DC, +5 volts works fine. Usually you can get these on ebay for around $10

I suppose I should have asked if you were going to be using this for fermentation control or boil control? The relay that I linked to won't handle the duty cycle of boil control. You will need a Solid State Relay for that. I will be using mine for Fermentation Control of a Refrigerator.

I was mainly looking at Fermentation/Keezer control, so that should work perfectly, will have to order one and give it a go.

Back