I like this time at night on HBT

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Friday baby. It's Friday. I'm working late, ugh, but I got stuff working now and it's ice cream time. Woot!

I honestly can't wait to mow my grass tomorrow. It looks aweful. I took a couple of weeks off, then was out of town last week. Needs some attention, and I think I'll give my employees (me) the afternoon off tomorrow to tend to the grass.

For your late nite soundtrack, JEM

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkyI3IJ1ewQ[/ame]

Some reason my phone doesn't open your YouTube links PP. usually you give enough info and a a pic so I search YouTube and something, title, album pic. (Album?![emoji12] I I might as well said 78) comes up and I play that. YouTube works fine on my phone just not links from this site always

I found a son by JEM called they. Haunting voice, she talked of breaking rules, norms. I knew a great mARINE fighter pilot once who had the same opinion. Strange for a guy who excels in a world strongly disciplined, then again not

Tuning in to I like this time and drinking a Sierra Nevada Celebration.

image.jpg

Some reason my phone doesn't open your YouTube links PP. usually you give enough info and a a pic so I search YouTube and something, title, album pic. (Album?![emoji12] I I might as well said 78) comes up and I play that. YouTube works fine on my phone just not links from this site always

I found a son by JEM called they. Haunting voice, she talked of breaking rules, norms. I knew a great mARINE fighter pilot once who had the same opinion. Strange for a guy who excels in a world strongly disciplined, then again not

Jem - Come on Closer.

Tuning in to I like this time and drinking a Sierra Nevada Celebration.

That looks nice AZ. I'd like one of those right about now.

Here's another tune for your late nite soundtrack. Marian Hill - One Time. I sorta like the cool vibe. It's what my late nites are looking for.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upEX2JMp3c0[/ame]

To all this crew I truly miss you
The banter the babble the fun
Seems as always I've screwed up
I'm a son of a gun (whatever that means - but it rhymed)

I can't figure out how to make youtube vids post either...

It used to be easy, on a computer; copy the link. Delete the s if it was an https. I don't know why taking out the security link allowed it to post or what consequences to your computer security it degrades. It just worked

Lately when I post a YouTube video, one I'm forwarding I generally copy the email or Twitter hyperlink. That seems to work. That's from my phone. I haven't had a laptop or desktop computer in years so I'm not sure how that goes these days

YOUTU.BE LINKS DON'T WORK. EVER. The link hast to be www.youtube.com. Is that clear? For example, leon posted this:
That's never going to work. I understand that in youtube, if you click the "share" button, or the "copy link" button, it gives you this address. So what to do?

• Iphone: instead of COPY LINK, click "More" and then "Copy". Then paste here.
  • PC: Just get URL from address bar at top. Don't use the Share button to get the link.
  • Android: no idea, probably same as Iphone.
I believe that will give you an address that will embed here. You might need to remove some stuff at then end of the link (the link should end in "v=xxxxxxxxxxx", where the x's are an 11-character ID. Anything after that ID might cause problems.

Go ahead and try it here in this thread.

Hey! it works.

I saw jason Isbell the other night. This song blew me away

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LHJhyrrUTgc[/ame]

I spent a good part of the day fixing 8 window panes on the neighbor's garage. My 9yo and his buddy more or less confessed. My boy swears up and down that his buddy had the idea and did the whole thing. His buddy tried to pin it on our youngest boy who wasn't even there.

I made my son work with me the whole time because he was at least there and did not tell us about it until the cops were knocking on our door. I think he learned his lesson.

This all happened almost two weeks ago. I've been working out of town and only today had a chance to do anything about it. Now the other kids parents are pissed at us because we did not arrange for them to help fix the windows. What the hell have they done about it in the last two weeks? Dirtbags!

Ken, I'm missing your long winded tales of the green grass and crops and all good. Cheers! Please start writing again!

Hey guys, sorry I've neglected the group for the past few months. Several life changes here at home. I have temporally hung up my brewing hobby, shut down the brew cave and boxed up my supplies. As painful as it was to do that, I have other responsibilities that I must focus on.

I do hope soon to clean out and reclaim the brew cave and fire up the kettle for a winter batch of something now that the weather has cooled off. I still have several kegs of brew left untouched and just recently poured a 5 gallon batch of honey Kolsch down the drain to make room for a new food pantry. It was painful to do it since it was clear as wine, but I did not have the energy or proper attitude to put forth with bottling since my kegs were still filled or partially filled.

I do miss the group and I apologize for bowing out for a few months. Loading up the page was like pouring salt on a wound because I really miss the morning brew sessions seeing the sun rise while sipping a cup of steaming hot coffee as I mash in and surf the HBT site.

I have a family of three now and I'm still unsure how to introduce this hobby with 2 girls (11 & 15) and three grand children - all girls (8, 10, and 11). To date since I have moved them in, I have only had perhaps 4 bottles of suds. Surely not worth the cost for suds, but I never brewed to drink much anyway. Honestly if I could find someone to brew for, just to get to brew again, I would almost do that and give it away. lol

Anyway guys, I do hope to get back onboard with the group soon. I have a busy calendar with the holidays coming up and trying to work a lil extra to afford the holiday cost, but I hope to squeeze in a few batches for nothing else than to see if my muscle memory still works during a brew session.

Later guys and on that note, how is everyone?

Kenny T

Who's still having trouble posting videos? Let me know, let's get this worked out!

For your late night soundtrack, the unbelievable Nina Simone. She's done all the great ones, and made them hers. Like this one.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiVDzTT4CbE[/ame]

Still can't open your video links Pappy. It must be my phone. Pretty sure they work on a computer

Help, help , help

My oldest daughter (stepdaughter) gets married in January next year. Although the wedding costing them about half as much as my house in Cali, they are going with a rustic theme. "Barnyard" my wife calls it.

Jan, my wife and I have made flower crates
for the tables, View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1478629485.241816.jpgView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1478629532.295691.jpg

heart shaped flower things for the flower girls, and recently I've, we've started building a beer dispenser. I can't call it a keezer or kegerator because it's not. No electricity involved just ice and CO2.
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1478629646.394529.jpg

Jan is making this "treasure chest" for gift envelopes. I think she's doing s pretty good job. The girl loves my jig saw, palm sander, and Brad nailer. Scares me each time she uses them![emoji15]
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1478629884.135305.jpg

Newest unfinished project among them is the beer stand. We got this much done last Sunday. It's 2"x2" framing and cedar planks. 60"w x 24" deep x 38" tallView attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1478630134.579134.jpg
View attachment ImageUploadedByHome Brew1478630154.005867.jpg. The top piece is just a 1/8" ply were using for another project. I just wanted to cover it to get an idea for the top look

Here's where I could really use HBT help. The stand is going to hold two half barrels at a time. Plus a jockey box the will be plumbed to two refrigerator stud taps on the top. I wanted to put the jockey box on top and build an enclosure around it. It look great but my wife said NO! That will take up to much room on the top. She won, oh well.

There is plenty room in the cabinet width and depth wise tobacco adage two half Harrell's and jockey box. But height wise I only have 27 1/2 inches. I'll be running co2. Do you think a standard coupler will work? I'm going to need a D and S couplers. (American commercial and Heineken)

Any help would be appreciated. A half barrel is about 23.5" and most couplers from what I've read are need 5-6". Five would be pushing the height limit

Hope I'm making sense.

KennyT. WELCOME BACK BROTHER!!

Cheers!
Dan

Sorry about all the typos. And refrigerator stud taps. Should read refrigerator style taps. They'll be mounted to a a vertical surface

Also, hahaha just saw this. The tobacco adage. [emoji23]

Help, help , help

My oldest daughter (stepdaughter) gets married in January next year. Although the wedding costing them about half as much as my house in Cali, they are going with a rustic theme. "Barnyard" my wife calls it.

Jan, my wife and I have made flower crates
for the tables, View attachment 376466View attachment 376467

heart shaped flower things for the flower girls, and recently I've, we've started building a beer dispenser. I can't call it a keezer or kegerator because it's not. No electricity involved just ice and CO2.
View attachment 376468

Jan is making this "treasure chest" for gift envelopes. I think she's doing s pretty good job. The girl loves my jig saw, palm sander, and Brad nailer. Scares me each time she uses them![emoji15]
View attachment 376470

Newest unfinished project among them is the beer stand. We got this much done last Sunday. It's 2"x2" framing and cedar planks. 60"w x 24" deep x 38" tallView attachment 376473
View attachment 376474. The top piece is just a 1/8" ply were using for another project. I just wanted to cover it to get an idea for the top look

Here's where I could really use HBT help. The stand is going to hold two half barrels at a time. Plus a jockey box the will be plumbed to two refrigerator stud taps on the top. I wanted to put the jockey box on top and build an enclosure around it. It look great but my wife said NO! That will take up to much room on the top. She won, oh well.

There is plenty room in the cabinet width and depth wise tobacco adage two half Harrell's and jockey box. But height wise I only have 27 1/2 inches. I'll be running co2. Do you think a standard coupler will work? I'm going to need a D and S couplers. (American commercial and Heineken)

Any help would be appreciated. A half barrel is about 23.5" and most couplers from what I've read are need 5-6". Five would be pushing the height limit

Hope I'm making sense.

KennyT. WELCOME BACK BROTHER!!

Cheers!
Dan

I suggest you lay off the tobacco adage and the two half harrells until you finish the project.

Maybe consider leaving the bottom out of the box so that the kegs sit on the ground. By the looks of it, that will gain you another 2 to 4 inches.

I was just writing a correction to that typo but will leave it in. Kind of Danish

Yes if I just put the kegs on the very bottom, well where the bottom temporary slats are there is room. But will be tough loading full kegs over the edge and in. I can do it but would rather slide them in on level ground. I screwed up the height so now gotta fix a solution

I was just writing a correction to that typo but will leave it in. Kind of Danish

Yes if I just put the kegs on the very bottom, well where the bottom temporary slats are there is room. But will be tough loading full kegs over the edge and in. I can do it but would rather slide them in on level ground. I screwed up the height so now gotta fix a solution

Well, you could build up the unfinished top to add height and just use some 3/4 ply as the counter. 3/4" ply will be stiff enough for the span with minimal flexing and no need for bridging with stiffeners underneath. Build it out over the edge (lip) of the lower cabinet far enough and you can hide the gap with baseboard or crown trim.

I'm thinking I might remove the 2" x2" horizontal on the bottom of the back. Just cut it out flush with the verticals. That would give me an extra 1 3/8" to play with. Nearly 29" and some change. That'll work!

Thanks Gila

Yea, you could just remove the entire bottom and back and just roll it right over the kegs (if they sat on the ground). In that case, the top would not need to open at all. Just roll it away if you have to get to the kegs. Probably not what you were looking to do, but might make it simple.

Yea, you could just remove the entire bottom and back and just roll it right over the kegs (if they sat on the ground). In that case, the top would not need to open at all. Just roll it away if you have to get to the kegs. Probably not what you were looking to do, but might make it simple.

Yes that would be great if this thing were rolling on concrete or a smooth hard surface. But is going on grass, rough or smooth terrain I don't know. The wheels really aren't the type for grass anyway. One word about that choice - Wife

I just cut out the 2" x2" bottom back horizontal. Gives me 29 and a little. This Friday is Vets day and I'm off work. This project will be finished by the weekend. I'm kinda psyched - it's going to turn out pretty dang cool

I just cut out the 2" x2" bottom back horizontal. Gives me 29 and a little. This Friday is Vets day and I'm off work. This project will be finished by the weekend. I'm kinda psyched - it's going to turn out pretty dang cool

You sure that thing will hold 280 to 340 pounds now that you've compromised the structure?

;) :D

You sure that thing will hold 280 to 340 pounds now that you've compromised the structure?

;) :D

Yes. I think so. The structure, top frame is still mounted to a base of 2"x4". On the front and sides. I not think much was lost in strength. Plus the whole damn thing is glued together with industrial outdoor wood glue. and 3" screws for the frame. One inch brads and glue for the cedar planks. That's a lot of strength all added up

I think

Yes. I think so. The structure, top frame is still mounted to a base of 2"x4". On the front and sides. I not think much was lost in strength. Plus the whole damn thing is glued together with industrial outdoor wood glue

I hope you used more than just glue.

Sorry Gila, I was editing my post when you replied. Yes. More than just glue. The glue is just reinforcement to the hardware. Very effective though in my experience

Back