My Basement Electric Brewery

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tobor_8thMan

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Only took a few years to go from an unfinished basement to what's shown in the photo. Had professionals finish the basement and build the bar. I built the electric brewery.
2018-Basement Brewery - Copy.jpg

Up next is a DIY wine glass rack (that's why there is a piece of paper taped to the left of the brewery window. Trying to get a placement idea for my Raspberry Pints tap list monitor).

Lots of sports items to hang on the walls, etc.

Counterflow wort chillers are amazing. I pre-chill (saving bags of ice from the fridge) the water going into the counterflow chiller. I can cool from boiling (212F) to ale yeast temps in about 12 minutes.
Counterflow_Wort_Chiller.jpg

Unsure why image is sideways as the image is correctly aligned.

Can take the temp to lager yeast temps if I simply slow down the wort rate.

Love it, something similar to what i am about to do, Where did you get the hood from, would love something the same.

Fast Kitchen Hood.

Learn from my mistake and get baffles. Why? Condensate collects on the top flat surface and drips back down. No fun. Baffles would have directed the condensate into the gutters on the sides.

Back