Going to try something

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smorris

Reaction score
So what do you folks think of this, I'm taking a guess here and will give it a try to see how it comes out.

3 lbs Pale Malt extract
3 lbs DME

8 oz Special B
8 oz Crystal 90
1 oz Roasted Barley
4 oz Cara-Pils

1 oz Centennial
1 oz Cascade

WLP011

smorris said:
So what do you folks think of this, I'm taking a guess here and will give it a try to see how it comes out.

3 lbs Pale Malt
3 lbs DME

8 oz Special B
8 oz Crystal 90
1 oz Roasted Barley
4 oz Cara-Pils

1 oz Centennial
1 oz Cascade

WLP011

What are you shooting for?
Its going to be pretty dark, but the yeast strain doesn't seem to match up....
All-grain or extract? The 3 lbs Pale malt is confusing me....

Got to the shop and made some changes when the owner and I talked. Switched to an Amber extract and WLP036 yeast. I'm shooting for a brown ale. Some of the darks I've made while very good left me feeling like I had eaten a meal after a couple. The Pale Malt reference was an extract and I neglected to note that, sorry.

So it won't be a brown ale unless one uses large values of brown, black as a terrorists heart. Have it in the primary and with correction the SG is 1.054. Guess it is going to be one for the wife as she likes a heavier ale than I do. I will do my best to consume my share however. :D Not the first nor the last mistake I'll make. :eek:

Back