I finally started my fermenter collar build!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

azscoob

Brewpub coming soon!
Reaction score
So after several months of "working on it in a couple of days" I finally added a 12" collar to my little fermentation fridge, this moved my capacity from 5 gallons up to 15 gallons with a simple wood collar. WHY did I not do this months ago????? over the next few days I will be adding a couple coats of epoxy paint to the wood to seal it from moisture, the wood was sealed to the fridge with great stuff expanding foam and a few brackets to hold it in place. I used 1.25" 90° metal sections from Lowes and mitered the corners so the door magnetic seal would work properly, siliconed all the edges. Hey, its a start at least!! :drunk:

fermentation_collar_001.jpg

fermentation_collar_003.jpg

fermentation_collar_005.jpg

Looks good. I just finished the framing and magnetic door seal on my chamber today. I went a little larger, hoping to be able to put a couple of cornies in there as well as the fermenters. I used 1/8" x 3/4" steel strips riveted to the frame for my door. Looks like you used 2x12 for the collar?

yes, 2x12 construction, I am actually thinking of rolling some fiberglass mat instead of the paint, it would be quite durable and I already have rolls of it sitting around along with the epoxy from an unfortunate boating mishap. I am so giddy about having it almost done! Mostly because I have been brewing 5 gallons for myself due to fermentation space limitatations, when I would do 10 gallons I kept 5 and the other 5 would go to another brewer to ferment and enjoy, now I can do 10 for myself!!! and a 5er as well all at once!

Latest posts

Back