Finished my keezer this weekend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeppman

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to show off what I did this weekend :rockin:

Only issue was the one of my perlicks leaked, but Todd at Kegconnection is providing great customer service and is sending out a new faucet and shank this morning.

On a side note, I felt like I really had to get the coupling nut extremely tight on the faucet so that it would not leak at the connection point. Is this normal?

IMG_2370.jpg

Looks pretty good!

I built mine this weekend as well...check it out if you get a chance. I am seriously considering 2 more taps on mine at the moment

My Keezer

Zeppman said:
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to show off what I did this weekend :rockin:

Only issue was the one of my perlicks leaked, but Todd at Kegconnection is providing great customer service and is sending out a new faucet and shank this morning.

On a side note, I felt like I really had to get the coupling nut extremely tight on the faucet so that it would not leak at the connection point. Is this normal?

Is that just normal 2x6 cut straight and nailed together? Looks like I can almost see the end of the piece on the side. I didn't want to go this route because I didn't think it would look too good, but this looks great! Matches the "rustic" or "used" look that I want for my basement bar and flooring! I think you've changed my mind!

They are 1x8s, and yes I just cut them straight and screwed them together. Simple solution but I think it looks good.

Looks great! Same color scheme I was planning... black with a dark wood finish that matches some furniture in my house.

Standard questions... What freezer? How many cornys can you fit?

Revlus, sorry I missed your reply. I'm not sure what the model is, as I got it off craigslist for dirt cheap. I just saw that it worked and could hold 6 kegs plus a 10lb co2 tank and bought it. It actually looked terrible when I picked it up. I sanded it down and painted it black.

Lvl1, Liquid nails is all I used to hold the collar to the lid. It's held up for over a year now! The only thing I do is always make sure I lift up from under the collar.... I don't lift from the gray handle on the lid. I figure this avoids additional stress on the adhesive holding the collar to the lid.

Looks good to me. The important question though is whether or not there are four full kegs under there and if so what are they?

Thanks guys.. kind of funny this thread came up again after I posted it a year ago.

There are currently 5 kegs (not all are full) :) Grim Monk (Belgian Dubbel), Scorched Earth (smoked porter), 4 Horseman (a real hopped up porter with 4 hop varieties), Fire Storm (a rye IPA) and my zombie dust clone.

Back