Easy hook-ups for chilling/kettle filling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huaco

Reaction score
I had a few extra cam-lock fittings laying around after my builds and though of a great way to put them to use! I put a female cam lock on my filtered water hose. That allows me to hook up a firm connection to any kettle and add filtered water.
I also added a male cam lock to my CFC to hook up to it easily. Today I got the idea to take my old Imersion Chiller and add some braided line to it so it can handle household pressure and added more fittings to it to be used as a Pre-Chiller in the warmer months. All connections are SS Cam Locks from StainlessBrewing.com HOWEVER... I noticed that Bobby_M over at BrewHardware.com is machining off the threaded portion of these cam-locks and machining them into Hose Barbs! If I were to purchase Cam Locks again, I would be getting the Hose Barb type! It's the best of both worlds... Hose barb for a smooth connection that will not harm the silicone hose, as well as the full flow of the 1/2" pipe fitting.

PreChiller%20%28Copy%29.jpg

Latest posts

Back