Docooler STC-1000 Won't Turn On

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cuse88

Reaction score
I just finished my temp controller and of course the STC-1000 won't fire up. It is a single control Fahrenheit controller. Instead of the 8 ports on the dual control I have 6.

The outlet has power running to it, but the STC won't fire on.

Any ideas or additional diagrams I could review?

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

How about taking a picture of the label on top of the controller so we will know what you're actually playing with - because it clearly is NOT an STC-1000...

Cheers!

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408307953.152909.jpg

ImageUploadedByHome Brew1408307970.841785.jpg

That's not an STC-1000, it's an MH1210. I have one of them, and they work great, but they are single-stage controllers, and the wiring is different. If you used the instructions for building an STC-1000, you may have the wiring wrong.

Darn. That's kind of what I was thinking.

Are any diagrams available for these?

I also have an MH1210 running my keezer and it does that job with aplomb.
It is indeed a single-stage controller, capable of running in Heat mode or Cool mode, but it can't do both at the same time.

Here's my wiring diagram, fwiw...

Cheers!

mh1210.jpg

On my unit I press the SET button once, I will then see the current set temperature. Using the up - down arrows, I adjust the temp. In your case, lower the temp showing to your desired cooling temp. Your instruction should tell you what your defaults are. Holding down the SET button for 6 seconds should get you to the codes.

tom

Back