First attempt at a few label Designs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DevineBrew

Reaction score
Made with Photoshop drinking a homebrew, any ideas for improvements? :mug:

Rustys Red AleHBT.jpg

Winter Weather Wheat HBT.jpg

dude. you got me thinking. the barcode is awesome. I'm going to start incorporating them in my label. I just did this (feel free to do the same by all means).

image.php

The cool thing is that it is a valid barcode. I proceeded to take a picture of it with my Android Barcode Scanner and it read "Rusty Red Ale". Awesomeness.

Oh yeah: http://www.barcodesinc.com/generator/index.php

The only suggestion I would make is with the Winter Weather Wheat the font should be abit thicker and the lower lettering have more of a curvature, but otherwise the labels are great.......

upperNY01brewer said:
The only suggestion I would make is with the Winter Weather Wheat the font should be abit thicker and the lower lettering have more of a curvature, but otherwise the labels are great.......

Thanks for the input. I'll give that a shot. I tried to get the bottom font to round out a but more but couldn't figure out how. I'll keep trying.

I really like the Rusty's label. Not a big fan of the font choice in the Wheat one, though.

I'm bored at work, so here's my take on your idea:

I like them both, the Winter Wheat font is a little too thin though. Legibility is tough, but I still know what it says and that's your goal.

raisehelldrinkbeer said:
I really like the Rusty's label. Not a big fan of the font choice in the Wheat one, though.

I'm bored at work, so here's my take on your idea:
http://imgur.com/JZQ7D[/QUOTE

Thanks all for the replys.

Looks great, thanks for the touch up. I still need to keep playing with Photoshop a bit. Just kegged up my first IPA tonight. So no label for that but have been thinking about buying some inserts and making a tap handle.

I actually like the second Rusty Red Ale label due to the 3-D image of the barrel. This gives the pic more of a full bodied look and the drinker may infer that characteristic to the beverage as well.

Back