Stc-1000 vs DWH7016H

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

divrguy

Reaction score
Been looking at trying to pick up a new dual stage controller. Saw a bunch of posts regarding STC 1000 but just ran across this new version at thermomart.com DWH7016H-110V. Anyone use this in the past? If it's basically just the same unit I'll probably get the one from hong kong

Never seen the thermomart one before, but it looks like the exact same item to me. I would assume that thermomart is just a distributor that is importing them from China in bulk and marking them up.

Looks exactly like the stc-1000 except it doesn't say stc-1000 on the front. At least you know this one is 110v, it's sometimes hard to tell from the ebay ones. I got mine from china for 26 with no shipping cost and it came in 10 days. It's apples and oranges whether you want to order from them or hunt through the ebay ones. Of course you might find one at auction on ebay for 5 bucks as well, I missed out on one at auction.

The only thing I noticed on the thermometer one was Fahrenheit. Does the STC only read in Celsius?

Ok finally, I ordered the STC1000. At least, the probe can be immersed,which makes a difference for me since it will be put in the blue stuff you find in ice packs, in a small tube. This way, I will have accurate liquid temperature, not ambiant temp. Sent the order, waiting for the package...from Japan!

I got a DWH7016 on ebay. It worked well for about 10 days. I had it set for 20 degrees C and it held the temp exactly then the display started showing steadily increasing temps (20s to 30s). The fermometer showed no increase. I unplugged the unit and a couple days later tried again - 40s. A week later, high 90s. Any ideas?

Latest posts

Back