Problems with SWMBO and kids?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sudbuster

This ain't my first rodeo....
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
Have any of you had problems with your kids or SWMBO invading your brew space? Well, I've had it. The first brew shed/ shop was hardly finished when my daughter needed room to store her junk between marriages. That lasted two years. The second brew shed was useful to SWMBO because it had a lot of light and was a neat place for her plants. The third brew shed was so great for SWMBO because it could be used for a flower garden tool shed.
I have single handedly built all this stuff along with a new shop/brew shed. It's 30 by 40 feet, and I have the only key. I'm fed up. Do any of you blame me? Where does it end?
The brew shed is only 12 by 20 inside the 30 by 40 building, but i do more than homebrew and that's enough space to brew. The rest of the building is shop space, and i just dare them to start wanting any of it.

Yes, I do blame you. You let THREE brewing places get taken over by SWMBO (not SHMBO)!?!? Sorry dude, but you are whipped.

1. Tell the daughter to rent a storage space

2. Tell the wife plants do better outside

3. Since you already have 3 storage sheds, let her use 1 for the tools.

Do this, and you will not only have a brew shed, but you can use the other free one for malting or storing grain! Problem solved!

Women don't want men to be have nice things or for them to be happy. The only way to keep them out of the new place is to mope around for at least a day before brewing, talking about how bad the new shed sucks. Reluctantly slink in there, lock the door, pull the shades, and party down. When the brew session is finished be sure to put on your mopey face again and just lie on the couch for a bit like your dog just died.

Yes yes wife and children constantly take my stuff, etc. But what I really want to explore here is three brew sheds? Are they all still in use? Do you live out in the boonies? Inquiring minds want to know!

1st_shopbrew_shed.jpg

The 1st shop/brew shed..

P10101761.JPG

Hobby/brew shed 2

P10101751.JPG

brewshed 3..

P1010177.JPG

shop/brew shed 4 and i have the key. My space!!.....:)

Yes, I do blame you. You let THREE brewing places get taken over by SWMBO (not SHMBO)!?!? Sorry dude, but you are whipped.

lol, guess so, Bernie, but in the end i got a space..

After seeing that you have FOUR awesome out buildings, compared to my none, I have no sympathy for you.

what he said! I guess I am lucky because SWMBO just asked me if I am brewing tomorrow. I said yep, she said cool, what are you making. I said Pliny. She said OOOOOOOOOOOO Pliny I like that one. She then asked if we can make champagne. She is on a Mimosa kick ltely

Thanks for the comments everyone..

Pappers:
Yes yes wife and children constantly take my stuff, etc. But what I really want to explore here is three brew sheds? Are they all still in use? Do you live out in the boonies? Inquiring minds want to know!

Only one in the big building. The first one went with the old house when we sold. Yes, i live in the boonies on 122 acres.

Airbornguy:
I just showed my wife this and she said she couldn't believe someone's wife would do that to them.

Oh well, harmony reigns supreme

Women don't want men to be have nice things or for them to be happy. The only way to keep them out of the new place is to mope around for at least a day before brewing, talking about how bad the new shed sucks. Reluctantly slink in there, lock the door, pull the shades, and party down. When the brew session is finished be sure to put on your mopey face again and just lie on the couch for a bit like your dog just died.

Ha! that might work....

Wow, they're all nice but number 2 is just beautiful. No wonder she took it from you.

When SWMBO started decorating and telling me the place stunk, i knew bad things were coming..

what he said! I guess I am lucky because SWMBO just asked me if I am brewing tomorrow. I said yep, she said cool, what are you making. I said Pliny. She said OOOOOOOOOOOO Pliny I like that one. She then asked if we can make champagne. She is on a Mimosa kick ltely

SWMBO likes champagne, beer though, Mhe

hey if I have a she din my backyrd can i say its an Outbuilding? I've always wanted that.

That's polite for outhouse.....

Haha... yeah, definitely too pretty for a brew shed... you were better off letting that one go. :)

I was better off moving out in any case. Everyone is happy now. SWMBO has hers and I got mine, and tranquility rests on the farm...

I can't complain. My SWMBO as already allocated me space, given me encouragment and suggestions. My only requirment is some wine and hard cider from time to time.

Its rough...but I guess I'll have to put up with it... ;) But she better not make me upgrade to a stainless steel brew pot with sight glass and thermometer, damnit! No sireee...at least not before I finish my Keezer. You gotta lay down the law damnit! Show'em who's boss.

Dude, your brew shed is bigger than my apartment.

I do have my own man cave that I get to do what I want with it. Until it turns into the spare bedroom. . .

B

Latest posts

Back