Free 1 Year Paid Supporting Membership

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SandstoneCityBrew

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've decided that I want to run a small contest on the forums and pay for a one year membership for a random member. I have learned so much on these forums over the past 2 years and I want to give back to this community.

Please read the following very carefully...

How to participate in the contest :
Simply reply to this thread with your guess as to what my favorite beer style is.

For reference, use http://www.bjcp.org/docs/2008_Guidelines.pdf
Look over the styles, you only need to guess the correct category.

Rules :
1.)You must be an active member for 90+ days.
2.)You must have at least 100 posts.
3.)You must not already be a supporting member.
4.)You only get one guess, if you post more than once, you will be disqualified.
5.)If you correctly guess the style, I will put your name in a box, along with others who have correctly guessed, and draw a winner from that.
6.)This contest will run until February 19th at midnight EST. Winner will be picked a few days after.
7.)The winner will have 24 hours to claim their prize. If it goes unclaimed, I will re draw and that person will have 24 hours, etc.

So, if you meet the criteria above, start your guessing. Good luck to everyone who participates. :mug:

I will say a Category 18 - Belgian Strong Ale , and if I have to be more specific I will say 18C - Belgian Tripel. Or is that a 'Belgium' Strong and Tripel? Does spelling count?

Glad you got everything up and running smoothly! People like you make this forum a great community to be apart of. :mug:

This is a trick question!! You like them all.

Thanks for doing this, it's a cool idea and who ever wins will enjoy it for sure!

My guess:
6) Light Hybrid Ale

If we need to be more specific:
6A) Cream Ale

Back