• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Fairly new 8 Gallon Mega Pot

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rellot

Reaction score
Here's an 8 Gallon Mega Pot for sale. I've only had it for a little longer than 2 years. It is a good size for 5 gallon batches. I've never had any problem with boil over. Just a plain stock pot, no ball valve or thermometer. As you can see, I have a whole drilled in the lid to insert a thermometer without taking the lid off.

I'm moving up to 10 gallon batches, so I'm selling this one $65 (which is 40% off the cost of a new one), plus shipping. I prefer paypal, or if you are local in Omaha, cash would do as well.

Bought it off northernbrewer.com:
http://www.northernbrewer.com/brewing/8-gallon-megapot.html

37433_10150211029920357_737290356_13536072_2586933_n.jpg

I also have a immersion chiller that fits perfectly in it here:
https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f16/20-3-8-copper-immersion-chiller-185926/#post2153914

MW66, you sent this pm to me, but your mailbox is full. So here's my response.
MW66 said:
I don't "love" that the lid has a hole drilled in it, but what would it cost to ship to Alden, NY 14004? Thanks.

Well, at least you don't "hate" it. Then again "what's love got to do with it?" I could always solder it shut for you, that would be no big deal.

I've got a local guy who expressed interest, but he hasn't pm'd me back about it. So if in a day or so I don't hear from him, I will get back to you and see about shipping. Cool?

Sorry, I had to upgrade my membership so that I would not be "email limited." No need to solder shut. Let me know if the local guy falls through. You can now send me messages.

Okay all, I can't seem to get together with the local guy, so this pot is still for sale. MW66 is no longer interested, but there were two people that PM'd me about it. Because of the 5 PM limit I had to erase the PM's and thought I had written their names down, but can't find that piece of paper.

I looked up shipping costs, and it's about $20 to most places in the US, plus about $10 for a box and packing materials. So $95 to you door.

Latest posts

Back