• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Ohio Complete Brewhemoth Conical System w/ CIP

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cscade

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
SOLD! Original post below.

---

I'm having a baby! Up for sale is my complete Brewhemoth conical setup.

This is a turnkey, ready to go, fully awesome fermentation system. Photos of the system can be seen on my blog, http://blog.seekerbeer.com. Everything is used, but has been meticulously cared for and cleaned. Consider the items "as new".

01.jpg

This sale is divided into two packages, just in case someone who already has a brewhemoth is interested in just the CIP system.

1. Conical & Fittings

Complete list of items in this package:

• Tri-Clover Brewhemoth with add-on Tri-Clover Thermowell port just above the cone (custom order, done at the factory). (link)
  • Brewhemoth 1/4" Immersion Cooling Coil (link)
  • Brewhemoth Spunding Valve (link)
  • Closed system pressure keg-filling tubing and fittings. Action Shot.
  • 2 Full-port Tri-Clover Butterfly Valves (link)
  • Tri-Clover Sight Glass (link)
  • Tri-Clover Sample Valve (link)
  • Tri-Clover Thermowell Sensor (link)
  • Tri-Clover 90º Elbow for blow-off tubing.
  • 5 Clamps & Gaskets (link)

Please note that the Inline Strainer / Filter shown in the photo is NOT part of this sale. You'll get everything you need to pressure keg like the blog post describes, but if you want to strain out dry-hops as the post describes, you'll have to pick up your own strainer and elbow fittings.

1. Conical & Fittings Price: $1,000

2. CIP System

Complete list of items in this package:

• Dayton pump, mounted on dolly with casters, waterproof switch, and cord.
  • 4" Tri-Clover CIP Sprayball (link)
  • All fittings, tubing, tub, etc to make it all work.

I posted a video to YouTube with the CIP system running: http://youtu.be/Sohr5F0zVWU

2. CIP System Price: $200

If you buy both packages, I'll knock off $100, so the total price for everything is $1,100.

Terms

• I will not ship.
  • I will drive a sane distance to meet you. I'm in Wooster Ohio.
  • Sales are cash only, on delivery.
  • I will not break down or "part out" more than the two packages listed above.
  • I'm firm on these prices, I know they're more than fair already.

sad to see you have to sell man! love your setup and it's contributed quite a bit to how i'm going to fit out my brewhemoths! your CIP setup rocks too; haven't put mine together yet...

Man if only I was at that level right now. I'm in Akron but not ready for a set up like that. Good luck too you!

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

sad to see you have to sell man! love your setup and it's contributed quite a bit to how i'm going to fit out my brewhemoths! your CIP setup rocks too; haven't put mine together yet...
^^
What he said, I have appreciated your help in the past cscade. Soo tempted to buy this.

^^
What he said, I have appreciated your help in the past cscade. Soo tempted to buy this.

How can I tempt you more? ;)

Seriously, this isn't all bad. I've got plenty of carboys and proved many times over I can make great beer in them - it's just not nearly as cool!

SWMBO is going to let me have something stainless to ferment in again, she assures me :)

Great CIP system!!! I live in Indy and have a 14 gallon more beer conical. Would the spray ball fit my 3 " clover fitting. If not where did you purchase yours. Where are you located in relation to Indy. Thanks

Man I want this. How come we never get stuff like this for sale in California?!?

Man i wish this was closerer. I'd be all over this deal if you were with-in driving distance. :(

I've increased the "buy everything" discount to $100, so the total price for the whole system is now $1,100 if you buy it all!

Any luck selling this yet? If I had the money I'd pick this up in a heartbeat, just got done using one of my brewhemoths for the first time and cleaned it with the brewershardware sprayball like you are selling. Eazy peezy... it's also oh so sweet being able to carbonate in them and I also transferred the carbonated beer to clean kegs thanks to your write up https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/pr...ry-hopped-nice-clean-beers-brewhemoth-376383/ :mug:

Yep, still for sale! :)

I'm pretty blown away to be honest. Figured this would go like wildfire. It is an investment though, so I can understand. Thanks for the kind words! :mug:

Yep, still for sale! :)

I'm pretty blown away to be honest. Figured this would go like wildfire. It is an investment though, so I can understand. Thanks for the kind words! :mug:

Not to sound critical, but I think it is because the price difference between what you are offering and what it would cost new seems rather close. That is my impression anyway. I might be doing the math wrong, but the conical with all the fittings brand new would be just north of $1100 anyway ($805 + 95 + 106 + 52 + 29 + 30). The CIP system might be a stretch at $200.

I am in the market for a conical and I am close to you, but this doesn't make me just want to throw my money at you. To be clear, it is a fair price for a new system, but I wouldn't feel like I lost out here if someone else bought it.

Again, I could be totally missing something here...

Actually buying the things, and imagining buying the things tend to result in two different numbers. :)

Before I posted this thread, I calculated the current cost of all the items, did NOT include any tax or shipping charges (which I had to pay, and so would you if buying new), and then reduced my price from there. Here's all the supporting numbers;

Package 1: Conical

Code:
Item                                                Qty      Cost       Subtotal
Tri-Clover Brewhemoth                               1.00     $639.99    $639.99
Immersion Coil, 1/4"                                1.00     $159.99    $159.99
Spunding Valve                                      1.00     $94.99     $94.99
Closed System Keg Filler (Barb, tubing, fittings)   1.00     $35.00     $35.00
Tri-Clover Butterfly Valve                          2.00     $53.00     $106.00
Tri-Clover Sight Glass                              1.00     $52.00     $52.00
Tri-Clover Thermowell                               1.00     $33.00     $33.00
Sample Valve                                        1.00     $29.00     $29.00
Clamps                                              5.00     $6.00      $30.0
                                                             Total      $1,179.97

Package 2: CIP System

Code:
Item                                Qty      Cost        Subtotal
Dayton Pump (originally from eBay)  1.00     $75.00      $75.00 
Fittings & Tubing (McMaster)        1.00     $87.44      $87.44 
4" Tri-Clover CIP Ball              1.00     $65.00      $65.00 
Tri-Clover 90 Barb fittings         1.00     $15.00      $15.00 
                                             Total       $242.44

As you can see, $1,100 is already 22% off just the numbers in these tables. Again, these numbers don't include any shipping or tax. They also don't include numerous fittings and "make it go" things I had to buy to get it all working, because I was too lazy to price them. For example, all the electrical fittings to get the pump running including a cord, waterproof switch enclosure, switch, strain reliefs, casters for the pump cart ... none of that is anywhere in the numbers, but certainly isn't free to buy. Note that I'm also passing along the insanely great deal I got on the pump on ebay to the buyer as well.

In conclusion, to actually buy and build what I have for sale here would very likely cost you $1,600 or more, and that's assuming you got the same smokin' deal on the pump. You do the math on that discount.

It cost me about 1400+ to build each of my brewhemoths (I went with more expensive brass disconnect fittings which added about 70 bucks to each chiller assembly) once all was said and done so cscade is correct. Like I said before if I had the cash in my hand I would pick this up on my way back from darklord this weekend in a heartbeat.... glws cscade!

Is this still available? I'm in Hartville and definitely interested

Great system. I would love to add this to my stable of equipment now that AutoBrew handles fermentation, but the time is not right for this level of expenditure.

Back