• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

1/2 bbl American Sankes (Trade?)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SweetSounds

Reaction score
This is getting out of hand...

2 months ago I was hunting Sankes.
Now they wont go away! Picked up 3 today and I've got 2 more coming next week... SWMBO isn't going to put up with this much longer, sooooo

I've got these:
DSC_9276.JPG

I'd like to trade first, if possible, or I'll start selling them outright...

I need:
1/4 bbl or sixtel Sankes
E-Rig Controls (SSR's, PIDs, BCS, Switches, Lamps)
Grain Mill
3-piece stainless valves
Thermowells
Tools (Specifically, hole punches for steel)
Ranco digital controller

I got:
Plate Chiller or CFC (Thanks homebeerbrewer!)
Pumps (Thanks HIM_Tattoos)

I'll think of more :)

Edit: Because pedigree questions will come up...
2 were 4 years old born on dates (One was found behind a barn, the other was still full :drunk:)
Guy with 3 said they are from his "Uncle's closed bar - He was gonna toss"

Draw your own conclusions - FWIW I paid less for each keg than we pay for deposits around here, so they weren't drinking a keg and selling them on CL

What voltage are you looking for in pumps? I have two I'm looking to trade.

I guess I'm flexible - I'm building my rig to support both 3 wire and 4 wire 220. The pump I have is 110v, but I might be interested in 2 220v pumps - That would bring me to a single 3 amp 110v circuit for auxiliary equipment...

What is the model number?

They say "Model: 809 HS" which I knew, but I was hoping for a bit more. I have two, both brand new, I got them on here like 6 months ago in hopes to build a Brutus, but now that the SWMBO and I are parting ways, I won't have 240 access, so I need them gone.

They say "Model: 809 HS" which I knew, but I was hoping for a bit more. I have two, both brand new, I got them on here like 6 months ago in hopes to build a Brutus, but now that the SWMBO and I are parting ways, I won't have 240 access, so I need them gone.

How about pics?
220v works for my system...

Sorry for the delays guys - It's been a crazy weekend. I had a buddy up to help all weekend, in 105 degree heat(index) - It was a ***** - We drank 3 cases of water, and 4 beers :(, but we stripped the lower deck to joists, trenched in the 50 amp feed for the new sub-panel in the garage under the deck, re-decked, and drywalled the new "Man Cave/Brewery/Dog Haus"

I'm cross posting this in both of my for sale threads so everyone knows the delay was for a good cause ;)

I'll PM those that have PM'd me so far, but to sum up - All 6 pin-locks are currently spoken for. I'm getting shipping quotes tomorrow and will PM the ones that have spoken for them. All 5 Sankes are still available - I've decided to keep 2) and yes, I'll ship - $40.00 + shipping.

On to why I had to make you guys wait :D

What it was:
DSC_9277.JPG

What it is now :D
You can see the trench going under the deck - It goes to the corner of the house - And my Brewer's Mate "Roxy"
DSC_9721.JPG

DSC_9703.JPG

DSC_9707.JPG

DSC_9710.JPG

DSC_9705.JPG

Kegs start shipping tomorrow - Man cardboard boxes are expensive!

I still have 3 sankes left, and $800 worth of tires going on the truck on Tuesday :(

Any more takers?

$40.00 each! And I'll ship

I'll take two. I should be in through Des Moines in less than a month. I can paypal you some money to keep them for me until then if you like.

Thanks for dropping off the two kegs. I've got one cleaned up and turned into a keggle already. Don't know what I'm going to do with the other one yet. But for $40, I couldn't resist. Perhaps a fermenter if I can figure out a cheap and easy way to put an air tight lid on it, but also easy to clean. A circle of Plexiglas as a lid, an bicycle inner tube as a gasket, and some weights to hold it down? hum . . . Anybody see something like that yet they could direct me to some pictures of?

Thanks for dropping off the two kegs. I've got one cleaned up and turned into a keggle already. Don't know what I'm going to do with the other one yet. But for $40, I couldn't resist. Perhaps a fermenter if I can figure out a cheap and easy way to put an air tight lid on it, but also easy to clean. A circle of Plexiglas as a lid, an bicycle inner tube as a gasket, and some weights to hold it down? hum . . . Anybody see something like that yet they could direct me to some pictures of?

Could work, but you'd have to cut the full diameter out to get a circle large enough to seal inside I would think.

Honestly, it's not hard to clean with the Sanke neck intact. It's really no harder than a Better Bottle, except you can't see inside - Just fill 'er up with hot PBW or Oxy and go to town with a carboy brush. it works pretty well for me.

It's a heck of a lot easier to seal that little hole, than a larger one IMO.

I'm glad you like them! The timing worked out perfectly, and I got to the wedding with an hour to spare before I had to start shooting!

Thanks!

No need to cut the top off. Just buy a drilled bung (no. 11) that fits into the keg opening. You could also buy a carboy cap that you heat in hot water and stretch to fit around the keg opening. Remove the spear, clean the keg with oxy and you have a fermenter. You can sanitize it by boiling some water in it.

I'm all about simple and cheap, so I will give the #11 stopper approach a try.

Take a look at this thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/sanke-fermenter-upgrade-question-182696/index4.html

I replaced the pressure cooker gasket with a large silicon o-ring. I also found some clamps that were intended to hold a camper shell on a pickup truck that I'm using to hold the lid down. I'll try to update that thread with new pics soon. I have the first batch fermenting in it now... Airlock is bubbling away, so I am pretty comfortable with the seal.

Take a look at this thread:

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f51/sanke-fermenter-upgrade-question-182696/index4.html

I replaced the pressure cooker gasket with a large silicon o-ring. I also found some clamps that were intended to hold a camper shell on a pickup truck that I'm using to hold the lid down. I'll try to update that thread with new pics soon. I have the first batch fermenting in it now... Airlock is bubbling away, so I am pretty comfortable with the seal.

Oh, hell ya, that's the way to go! I really like the way you did that. Simple, easy to clean, and cheap. The pressure cooker gasket was a great idea.

Latest posts

Back