CYBI Eagle Rock Solidarity Clone Recipe and questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRS

Reaction score
Haven't seen this up yet so I figured I'd post it. Also, I'm brewing a Cal. Common this week, I'd love to re-use the Cal lager yeast on this... Any thoughts on that substitution? Obviously it will not be a clone any longer, but I think it would still be a good beer. I have not had it though, so I'm not sure how important the British yeast esters are to this brew.

CYBI Eagle Rock Solidarity Clone

6 gal batch
OG 1.039

Water Treatment: 0.5g Calcium Carbonate

47.3% 1.88 kg Pale Ale Malt
21.3% 850g Munich
7.1% 280g Wheat
6% 240g Chocolate
3.7% 150g C60
3.7% 150g C80
2.9% 120g Amber Rauch Malt
2.6% 100g Black Patent
1.1% 40g Special II carafa
1.1% 40g Roasted Barley
3.4% 140g Light brown sugar

Mash @ 153 F

60 min boil

25.5g Willamette (4.6%AA) @ 60 mins (17 IBU)

Yeast: Wyeast 1098 British Ale Ferment at 64-68F, Diacetyl rest at 72F after fermentation.

Cheers!

That's an awfully complicated grain bill. I'd hate to measure out all those grains.:drunk:

That's part of what has me intrigued... I'm planning to order from brewmaster's warehouse so they'll weigh everything out for me ahead of time :)

I'm planning to order from brewmaster's warehouse so they'll weigh everything out for me ahead of time :)

Someone's thinkin'! Let somebody else do the work for you; it sounds like a plan. I've never had the original, so I can't really be constructive here, but I hope it turns out well.

Any word on this? How did it go? I am really starting to like low alcohol/session brews. This recipe is third in line for me. I think I will order from brewmaster's as well. They probably heard this show and cursed!

I haven't brewed it yet... a friend of mine gave me a bunch of his homegrown hops, so this got pushed back in favor of an IPA. It is still on my to-do list though.

Just brewed this up yesterday. I mashed a little high at 155F, and came in at 1.037. Can't wait to get this into bottles. Also, I pitched S-04 instead of the wyeast. I am shooting to bottle in two and a half weeks, provided the yeast cooperate.

Two weeks in the bottle and it is carbed and ready. It tasted a bit thin at bottling but it is pretty nice now. If you like roasted malt, this is a wonderful session beer. Great malty aroma and clean dry finish. You could drink this all day and still be standing. This will be brewed again!

ers.jpg

Sounds great! This one is still on my to-brew list...

I was thinking of tossing a 1/2 oz Willamette or Columbus dry hop on half this recipe when I brew it; do you think that would work well here? I have a disease where I can't brew someone else's recipe without changing it, haha.

Thanks for the update!

I think a dry hop would be great. I might also add a little flaked barley for mouthfeel.

Back