OxiClean vs. One Step

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSMbrewer

Reaction score
Anyone have an opinion (far be it from anyone here to have an opinion) about the pro's and con's of Oxi Clean vs. One Step? I am using One Step for cleaning and star san to sanatize and wondered if One Step could be replaced by oxiclean with the same results (my results have been good btw). Oxi clean seems to be much less expensive.....your thoughts...:mug:

Oxyclean is a cleanser. One-step is a cleanser that skirts the line into sanitization...But they aren't interchangable where sanitization is concerned.

And I don't trust one-step as a sanitizer as far as I can throw it.

If you are talking about cleaning, yeah oxyclean is waaaaay cheaper.

I put a lot of good info and tips of effectively using sanitizers in here. Including how questionable one-step is;

https://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/sanitizer-question-54932/

Since you're using Star San, absolutely. One Step is also a sanitizer so effectively you were double-sanitizing.

I luvs me some oxiclean . . . . its da bomb, as the kids say.

And I don't trust one-step as a sanitizer as far as I can throw it.

It comes in a small little package, perfect for throwing ;) I agree, I don't use it as a sanitizer, either.

Back