Bayou Classic KAB4- differences in models.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaver

Reaction score
While I was planning out my Installation, I decided to take some measurements on my Burners so people would know there is a difference in the KAB4 model. These are ordered about 2 years apart, both from Amazon. It looks like they took the Wind Screen issues to heart, and adjusted the way it's mounted. I have seen numerous posts on HBT about people making wind screens for these. The Newest one is on the left of my picture.

burners_both-64629.jpg

I threw together a quick drawing with the Dimensions for people. The only dimensions that were different are listed out on the "Old" Version. Otherwise they matched up. Maybe it will help someone in the future.

burner_dims_both-64628.jpg

Thanks for posting these differences. Have you used the new model yet? If so, what are your impressions vis-vis the old concerning time to temperature and gas usage? Interestingly, Amazon seems to be the only sight I've found with pictures of the new model which, in addition, extends to the larger KAB6. Even the Bayou Classic webpage still shows the old model.

I haven't used it yet, and probably won't before I chop it up. I will be adjusting both to Mount into my brewstand. It was really the cheapest option for this burner+oriface+regulator. The stand part is just a "bonus" and I will be using the windscreen instead of having to build one.

I would do tests before, except its deep into winter now, and I brew outside.

I haven't used it yet, and probably won't before I chop it up. I will be adjusting both to Mount into my brewstand. It was really the cheapest option for this burner+oriface+regulator. The stand part is just a "bonus" and I will be using the windscreen instead of having to build one.

I would do tests before, except its deep into winter now, and I brew outside.

I realized I never followed up with this thread after finishing my stand. It's been working great for the last year and I have probably a half dozen brews on it.

I also cut the "New" burner to sit in the shield like the "Old" burner. The reason for me was to get the burner tip to kettle base distance to be the same as the Blichmann burner that I have. Helped with efficiency.

Back