My beer has been sitting in the fermenter for 2 days and there are no bubbles!
From HomeBrewTalk Wiki
Revision as of 01:35, 18 August 2010 by Dr00bie
- If you're using a plastic bucket, make sure the seal on the top is tight. Gas can escape out of the tiniest spaces, so a loose fit will prevent the fermentation lock from bubbling.
- If you've got a glass carboy, or other clear container, and you see a krausen forming, you're fine as well.
- Sometimes fermentation goes by quickly, and it is possible to miss the entire thing.
- Check the specific gravity to see if it has fermented.
- If it is none of these things, wait 3-4 days total before pitching addition yeast.