ZZ Top

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
I saw ZZ Top last night with my girlfriend and another couple. Man they were awesome! Sparkly jackets....fuzzy guitars....big beards and all!

I don't know...I get a kick out of seeing "older" bands because you don't know how much longer they're going to tour and they still put on a badass show.

The summer I graduated from high school we saw Kiss. Then a few years later we saw Billy Idol and now ZZ Top.

Hoping more bands come to this town......I'm from Austin and I'm used to there being shows all the time.

Only kinda lame thing was we were DEFFINATLY the youngest ones there......besides peoples kids!

But anyway if they happen to be coming near you I'd recommend going and seeing them....they were awesome!

I saw them in 1988. The same night, I got my first and only DUI. Not a particularly good memory, all in all.:(
I really dug their older stuff; "Rio Grande Mud"&"Tres Hombres"

homebrewer_99 said:
I saw them in 1974...:D
Actually, the first time I saw them was probably about '74 or there about. It was one of the first concerts I ever attended. They played a triple billing with Marshall Tucker and Charlie Daniels. I managed to stay out of trouble that night! :D

I don't think my experience can top a DUI or Charlie Daniels, but The Jeff Healey Band opened. It was my first rock concert, my Aunt and Uncle took me, I was a freshman in high school. They felt the need to let me know that college was coming soon and to not be afraid of a little speed if I needed to cram for a test. Good times, but maybe a little young for the "despite what you've heard, drugs can be OK sometimes" speech.

Back